"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, July 01, 2005

Hard work does get rewarded



Working hard at your job does have its rewards. Aside from knowing you've done the best you can to get that feeling of satisfaction, financial rewards are nice. Well today, I got called into the office of one of the senior management. He asked me if I had a minute, so I went into his office and closed the door. Not quite knowing what to expect, I sat down. "What's up?", I said. He then proceeded to tell me that he and the other senior management are pleased with my job performance and appreciate my efforts and willingness to stay late when necessary. He also told me that as of Monday, my salary will increase by $1.00 an hour. Wow, I was not expecting that!!! In a small company performance is noticed, moreso than in a large company with many employees. The owner has often said that there is very little he doesn't know about regarding what goes on in the company, even though he may seem distant and involved with other things, he has his eyes and ears open.

----

9 days.

I have been doing a lot of research and reading on the Russian culture lately, for obvious reasons if you've been paying attention. Did you know that in Russia, giving an even number of flowers is appropriate only at funerals? Roses are the most expensive flower to buy in Russia, and therefore have the most significant meaning. There as in this country, roses are given as a symbol of love. So I must give her an odd number of roses when we first meet. I can't decide whether 11 or 13 roses would be better, since I can't give the standard dozen.

----

I finally got my car registered today. I also had to buy a battery for it, because the one I have is at least five years old, maybe older. Now I just have to install it, then my van will be all set for another 12 months. Or until it breaks down again. Seriously, the overall damage (to my checkbook) was costly, but not nearly as bad as I had envisioned it to be. Major relief, let me tell you, that it was not worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home