"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Andy Rooney is great!

BUT misquoting him is not.

I've always loved reading Andy Rooney's essays and his little commentary bits at the end of "60 Minutes". My mom found a book at work recently that is a compilation of his "60 Minutes" commentary from 1982-2003. I love it, and I still do.

But...

...because I'm human, I make mistakes. The piece attributed here to Andy Rooney was something that was emailed to me recently. It sounded good but was shown to me to be inaccurate by my friend american guy.

Here's the link that he provided to me. What you'll read is essentially what was posted here plus Andy Rooney's denial that this bit was said or written by him.

I have too much respect for Andy Rooney's writing and views to leave that post up on this blog, which is why I have replaced it with this.

4 Comments:

At 19 December, 2005 05:49, Blogger DaBich said...

Your link says "Urban Legends, page not found"...but I've been to this site before. I can find it...if I want to...LOL

 
At 19 December, 2005 11:36, Blogger Tim said...

I fixed the link. One extra charachter threw it off...

 
At 20 December, 2005 05:32, Blogger DaBich said...

lol...kewl

 
At 20 December, 2005 18:12, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Andy Rooney's a grouchy, talenless hack riding the coattails of some of the finest journalists in broadcast history.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home