"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, January 19, 2006

31 Biblical Virtues part III of III

Ok, boys 'n' girls, let's review one final time. There will be a quiz tomorrow & three page book report due at the end of the semester, so pay attention.

  1. Salvation
  2. Growth in grace
  3. Love
  4. Honesty and Integrity
  5. Self-control
  6. Love for God's word
  7. Justice
  8. Mercy
  9. Respect (for self, others, authority)
  10. Biblical Self-esteem
  11. Faithfulness
  12. Courage
  13. Purity
  14. Kindness
  15. Generosity
  16. Peace-loving
  17. Joy
  18. Perseverance
  19. Humility
  20. Compassion
  21. Responsibility
  22. CONTENTMENT: "Father, teach my children the secret of being content in any and every situation, through Him who gives them strength" (Phil. 4:12-13).
  23. FAITH: "I pray that faith will find root and grow in my children's hearts, that by faith they may gain what has been promised to them" (Lk. 17:5-6, Heb. 11:1-40).
  24. A SERVANT'S HEART: "God, please help my children develop servant's hearts, that they may serve wholeheartedly, as if they were serving the Lord, not men.
  25. HOPE: "May the God of hope grant that my children may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit" (Rom. 15:13).
  26. WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO WORK: "Teach my children, Lord, to value work and to work at it with all their heart, as working for the Lord, not for men" (Col. 3:23)
  27. PASSION FOR GOD: "Lord, please instill in my children a soul that 'followeth hard after thee' (Ps. 63:8 KJV), one that clings passionately to you."
  28. SELF-DISCIPLINE: "Father, I pray that my children may acquire a disciplined and prudent life, doing what is right and just and fair" (Prov. 1:3).
  29. PRAYERFULNESS: "Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests" (Eph. 6:18).
  30. GRATITUDE: "Help my children to live lives that are always overflowing with thankfulness and always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" (Eph. 5:20, Col 2:7).
  31. A HEART FOR MISSIONS: "Lord, please help my children to develop a desire to see your glory declared among the nations, your marvelous deeds among all peoples" (Ps. 96:3)

4 Comments:

At 19 January, 2006 22:38, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Tomorrow is January 20th...know what that means? It's my birthday! lol...just thought I'd share lol.

As for the heels...I don't wear them anymore but I used to. I just dress very casual for school. I used to wear heels when I worked, but not 3 inchers, just shorter heels. There are a number of reasons we wear them: make us look taller if we are shorter, more dressy than a flat shoe, sometimes to make us feel feminine and womanly...and I'm sure others have more reasons why.

 
At 19 January, 2006 23:00, Blogger Tim said...

Ed. NOTE: This comment does not go with this post. It goes with the other post for today.

I was confused there for a moment myself.

 
At 20 January, 2006 09:05, Blogger Kristi B. said...

I love, love, LOVE!!! #27!

 
At 20 January, 2006 16:47, Blogger DaBich said...

Happy Birthday Shelley!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home