"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, January 16, 2006

31 Biblical Virtues part I of III

I received this thing in the mail as part of an ad looking for subscribers to "Pray" magazine. It was written in 1999 by Bob Hostetler. The full title is "31 Virtues to pray for your kids". But really, you can replace the words "my children" and "their" in each of these to fit whomever you choose.
  1. SALVATION. "Lord, let salvation spring up within my children, that they may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory" (Is. 45:8, 2 Tim. 2:10).
  2. GROWTH IN GRACE. "I pray that my children may growin the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Pet. 3:18).
  3. LOVE. "Grant, Lord, that my children may learn to live a life of love, through the Spirit who dwells in them (Gal. 5:25, Eph. 5:2).
  4. HONESTY AND INTEGRITY. "May integrity and honesty be their virtue and their protection" (Ps. 25:21).
  5. SELF CONTROL. "Father, help my children not to be like many others around them, but let them be alert and self-controlled in all they do" (1 Thess 5:6).
  6. LOVE FOR GOD'S WORD. "May my children grow to find Your Word more precious than much pure gold and sweeter than honey from the comb" (Ps. 19:10).
  7. JUSTICE. "God, help my children to love justice as You do and act justly in all they do" (Ps. 11:7, Mic. 6:8).
  8. MERCY. "May my children always be merciful, just as their Father is merciful" (Lk. 6:36).
  9. RESPECT (FOR SELF, OTHERS & AUTHORITY). "Father, grant that my children may show proper respect to everyone, as Your Word commands" (1 Pet. 2:17).
  10. BIBLICAL SELF-ESTEEM. "Help my children develop a strong self-esteem that is rooted in the realization that they are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus" (Eph. 2:10).

to be continued on Wednesday...

2 Comments:

At 17 January, 2006 05:19, Blogger DaBich said...

We want so much for our children, worldly good and pleasures. These are great, Green.
Yesterday at work, one of my fav co-workers came to my office in tears and handed me a note. It said that her younger daughter (who is in her early 30's), had come forward and admitted to being an alcoholic and is seeking help. This poor woman is devastated. As a mother I feel her pain. I said that at least her daughter is seeking help, that SHE (meaning her daughter) has to do it, and with God's help she will overcome this terrible thing. As a mother, she can give her support and love, along with her husband and sister. The family support will help greatly. Please say a prayer for this girl, that she is successful with rehab. Thanks for listening!

 
At 17 January, 2006 09:22, Blogger Kristi B. said...

This list is good stuff. How can we sincerely pray for these things in our kids' lives without first working to put them in our own? This way everyone involved is challenged to grow spiritually--and that's what it's all about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home