"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Just like Christmas - well, sort of

I went to bed late last night and was still very tired when I got up this morning. I had a full day in the works and knew I wasn't going to get back home until 8:30 PM tonight.

Today did not start out well. I try to plan for myself as little down time in the morning as possible, because if I don't I may never get out to go to work. What went wrong? The new gallon of milk I bought three days ago was sour, even though the "use before" date said Jan. 17. One spoonful of my ceral and I knew the milk was bad. No breakfast for me. No time now.

My work schedule has changed back to a normal 5 day work week instead of a four day work week. So I no longer have Mondays off but in exchange I get out of work every day at 4:00 PM. It is still light when I get out, and that is wonderful.

I had my meeting with the man tonight. We went over my assignment that I agonized over last night and he showed me ways to improve it. Then we looked at some job sites and postings on the internet that I had selected as part of my assignment. I have another meeting a week from tonight and yet another homework assignment. This week's assignment builds off of last week's assignment, so it should be easier and less stressful to do.

Then at 7:00 I went to my Bible Study group, which sadly is my main social outing of the week. We are studying in the book of John in chapter 16.

Because I felt tired this morning, I told myself that when I got home tonight that I would not turn on my computer and check my email - or go on blogger. I told myself that I would just go to bed. But the anticipation of getting mail, even e-mail and reading the comments left on blogger for what I have written is just too much temptation to resist. PLUS I eagerly scroll down through my blog reading list to see what goodies you all have left is too big of a temptation to resist. Then, since I'm already logged in, I might as well take a few and leave a post for you.

Nothing fantastic today. Maybe tomorrow.

4 Comments:

At 12 January, 2006 09:07, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Sorry, my last comment was supposed to be here... but I find it very funny that I accidentally put it under something titled "How Scary Are You?" Ha ha ha. I cracked up when I noticed that!

 
At 12 January, 2006 11:58, Blogger K~ said...

Going from 10's to normal takes some time to adjusting to so good luck.
I've been there. About the only thing worse is going from midnights to a day shift-have done that more times than I'd like to count.

 
At 12 January, 2006 13:41, Blogger Ruth said...

This is the first time in 10 years that I've had a chance at an occassional weekend where I'm not working. So, I can definitely relate to unusual work hours. I'm glad you have a better schedule now. One of the reasons why I resigned from my last job was just feeling always on the clock. Sure, I have Open Houses every once in awhile, but that's just a couple of hours late in the afternoon. CONGRATS!

 
At 13 January, 2006 06:34, Blogger Wenchy said...

A day without internet connection for me is hell. I hate it. I need it.

Clearly I have no life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home