"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A reminder

PSALM 8 NIV


For the director of music. According to gittith [a].
A psalm of David.

1 O LORD, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.

2 From the lips of children and infants
you have ordained praise [
b]
because of your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.

3 When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers, the moon and the
stars, which you have set in place,


4 what is man that you are mindful of him,
the son of man that you care for him?

5 You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings [c]
and crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You made him ruler over the works of your hands;
you put everything under his feet:

7 all flocks and herds, and the
beasts of the field,

8 the birds of the air,
and the fish of the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord, how majestic
is your name in all the earth!

Footnotes:
Psalm 8:1 Title: Probably a musical term
Psalm 8:2 Or strength
Psalm 8:5 Or than God

What a wonderful psalm this is. When I think of verse four I am reminded of the sacrifice Jesus made for me, a sinner. I think of how wonderful it will be one day to see Him face to face and thank Him for dying a most horrible death on the cross, just for me.


So I wanted to share this with you. It is a cross necklace that was given to me on my birthday in 2003. I've only taken it off three times since I got it. It reminds me of the price that was paid for me, one that I can never repay. Even though I fail in my walk more often than I succeed, I am thankful that I am a child of God. That He will never forsake me. Ever.

19 Comments:

At 16 January, 2006 15:26, Blogger Kristi B. said...

Good reminder! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 16 January, 2006 17:16, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I have heard people say that we shouldn't wear a cross on our jewelry because it was a form of torture way back when. It would be similar to wearing a gallows or whatever.

However, that is not my opinion. When I wear a cross it is as a reminder to myself that Jesus chose to die on the cross to save me.

 
At 16 January, 2006 19:42, Blogger Tim said...

Shelley:

Death by crucifixion was reserved for the low, the criminal, the unworthy. It was and still is probably the most horrible and cruel way to kill someone ever invented by the mind of man. So what used to be a symbol of torture now is the ultimate symbol of victory. Wear your cross with pride.

 
At 16 January, 2006 20:07, Blogger American Guy said...

Shelly makes a good point: Where can i buy a gallows to wear around my neck?

 
At 16 January, 2006 20:35, Blogger Tim said...

AG: Perhaps you can have a jeweller fashion a gallows necklace for you. They may look at you weirdly BUT you may even start a new popular trend. Imagine the royalties...

 
At 17 January, 2006 05:22, Blogger DaBich said...

Green~thanks for the great way to look at wearing a cross. A VICTORY!
AG - wow, you could start the latest fad!

 
At 17 January, 2006 11:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

does your church emphasize the death or the re-birth of Christ?

 
At 17 January, 2006 14:25, Blogger DaBich said...

re-birth? huh?

 
At 17 January, 2006 14:27, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

was he not re-born following his death?

 
At 17 January, 2006 14:35, Blogger DaBich said...

No, he rose from the dead, he was not "re-born" silly you :)

 
At 17 January, 2006 15:07, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

you mean that comic book was wrong???


SON OF A BITCH!!!

 
At 17 January, 2006 16:44, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: to answer your question, my church focuses on these main things:

1) virgin birth of Christ,
2) sinless life of Christ,
3) sacrificial death of Christ on the Cross,
4) bodily, physical resurrection after three days and three nights in the grave and
5) physical, bodily return of Christ to the earth for His saints (The NT refers to Christians as saints) This event is more commonly known as the rapture.

 
At 17 January, 2006 17:51, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

thanks, But I was getting at was, what does your church seem to mention primarily. Life and times, or resurrection?

 
At 17 January, 2006 18:09, Blogger Tim said...

scribe:
a happy mix of both of those things, I suppose...

 
At 17 January, 2006 18:45, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Hmmm. OK.

 
At 17 January, 2006 20:19, Blogger Tim said...

scribe: now I'm curious why you asked....

 
At 18 January, 2006 05:32, Blogger DaBich said...

Scribe~ I wanna see that comic book :P

 
At 18 January, 2006 09:28, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

I was curious about some thigns but didn't wanna distract from your intent on the blog.

dabich,

it was in my door one day when I came home and I read it over and over-the Pope was the anti-christ! :)

 
At 19 January, 2006 04:40, Blogger DaBich said...

Prolly put there by some Mormons or Seventh Day Adventists LOL
Gotta love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home