"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, January 13, 2006

NFL Playoffs- Divisional Round


Ok, last Friday I gave you my take on the Wild Card round of the NFL Playoffs. I correctly picked three of the four games. My predicted scores were close, but not quite accurate. Let's see how I will do this week. So, without delay, here is my take on this weekends games, which are all rematches from earlier games this season:

Washington Redskins at Seattle Seahawks (-9 1/2; o/u 41) In Week 4, at Washington, the Redskins eeked out an overtime win vs. Seattle, 20-17. It will be very different this time. Washington had less than 150 total yards of offense in last week's win at Tampa Bay. They'll have to do much better against one of the league's better offenses, featuring MP RB Shaun Alexander. QB Matt Hasselbeck leads a potent offense. Seattle is undefeated at home this season. They'll stay that way, despite a strong game from Washington's defense. Expect a close game with a late touchdown giving Seattle a deceptively large margin of victory. Discount the fact that Seattle hasn't won a playoff game since 1984. That was a lifetime ago.
My Prediction: @ Seattle 20, Washington 10
Actual Score: @ Seattle 20, Washington 10 WHAT A GREAT WAY TO START THE WEEKEND!!

New England Patriots at Denver Broncos (-3; o/u 44) In Week 6 at Mile High, Denver jumped out to a 21-3 halftime lead and led 28-3 before the Patriots closed the gap to only lose by 8, 28-20. That was a different New England team. So many key players missed that game with injury are back now, including Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi, Corey Dillon, Kevin Faulk and Troy Brown. The Patriots gave up three plays of over 55 yards and allowed Denver 178 rushing yards. In their last 11 games the Patriots run defense has improved dramatically. Expect a close game all the way through. But don't discount this: since 2001, the Patriots under Bill Belichick have not lost to the same team twice in the same season and are 6-0 in such games. Until someone beats the champs in the playoffs you have to pick them to win. It will be tough, but the Patriots will do it.
My Prediction: New England 27, @ Denver 23
Actual Score: @ Denver 27, New England 13 TURNOVERS WILL KILL YOU EVERY TIME.


Carolina Panthers at Chicago Bears (-3; o/u 30) In Week 11, Carolina went to Chicago and lost 13-3. Carolina's quarterback was sacked 8 times by the Bears excellent defense. Expect the game to be another defensive struggle, with points and field position at a premium. Don't expect another sack happy performance, but do expect the Bears to contain the Panthers WR Steve Smith. Rex Grossman, Chicago's QB wins his first playoff game, managing a tidy, low scoring game. However, this game would not surprise me if Carolina pulled off the upset. Still -
My prediction: @ Chicago 17, Carolina 13
Actual Score: Carolina 29, @ Chicago 21

Pittsburgh Steelers at Indianapolis Colts (-9 1/2; o/u 47) In Week 12's Monday night game which Indy won 26-7. Pittsburgh fell behind early and got away from their running game. If that happens again, Pittsburgh will lose bigtime. The Colts haven't played a meaningful game in over a month. Will they be rusty? I don't think so. Not many players prepare as thoroughly as Indianapolis QB Peyton Manning does. Pittsburgh will keep it close in the first half, but Indy will pull away in the third quarter.
My prediction: @ Indianapolis 40, Pittsburgh 17
Actual Score: Pittsburgh 21, @ Indianapolis 18 WHO SAW THIS ONE COMING? not me.

12 Comments:

At 13 January, 2006 23:14, Blogger K~ said...

LOL'n I know the Super Bowl is in Detroit but I'm a hockey fan. So I'm just not looking forward to downtown being tied up with "bobble heads." Those who are from out of town who actually think Detroit is dangerous.

 
At 13 January, 2006 23:26, Blogger Tim said...

Be thankful it's only for one day... Isn't Detroit dangerous??

 
At 14 January, 2006 01:37, Blogger K~ said...

Only if you are truly looking for trouble is Detroit dangerous. Most bad things happen in bad neighborhoods like everyone else has.
Where the Super Bowl, no issues. Except for all the hookers coming in from other cities LOL'n

 
At 14 January, 2006 02:25, Blogger wmy said...

ya gotta love an enterprising hooker don't ya? Go where the money is sista!! LOL

 
At 14 January, 2006 03:35, Blogger Wenchy said...

So ya wanna be tagged huh? LOL

 
At 14 January, 2006 06:08, Blogger Tim said...

k~: Detroit must have a bad reputation, nationally. But it is true, every major city has it's rough sections...

k~ & wmy: hookers? WOO HO!!! just kidding.

wenchy: not really, but I'd play along in the spirit of the game if I was tagged.

 
At 14 January, 2006 10:10, Blogger lccb81 said...

GO BEARS! I like that prediction. However I'm rooting for the Broncos. I am not a big Patriots fan (sorry green)

 
At 14 January, 2006 12:04, Blogger Nate said...

GO Panthers!

 
At 14 January, 2006 15:08, Blogger K~ said...

Green my friend at least we aren't the Murder City anymore LOL'n
I think we lost that to St Louis.

 
At 15 January, 2006 20:24, Blogger Tim said...

Well I didn't do so great with my predictions this weekend. The one game I picked correctly I even guessed the exact score.
Next Friday or Saturday, I'll give you my take on the Conference Championship Games, so stay tuned for that.

 
At 16 January, 2006 05:22, Blogger DaBich said...

I'm happy my "underdog" Steelers won. Like you said, who saw that one coming? Let's see what you say for them playing Denver.

 
At 16 January, 2006 15:25, Blogger Kristi B. said...

The Panthers have done it again baby!! Yeah!

I'm kinda sad the Colts are out already though =(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home