"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Three more years

As I was flipping one of my perpetual calendars to Friday's date, I realized that it will be January 20th tomorrow. Do you know what that means?

It means that we have exactly three more years to put up with the idiocy that is Dubya's presidency. Then, hopefully then, we'll be done with Bushes in the White House. Forever. Then maybe our government can focus on domestic issues (like, say THE ECONOMY), instead of what's going on in Iraq & warmongering all over the place. Then maybe this recession we're in will improve enough & possibly go away - so that people have more discretionary income to spend instead of watching it all fly out the window to pay the bills.

Ok, enough of that.

---

I had to go to the grocery store tonight. While I was in the checkout line, I was looking at the woman in front of me. She was a big, tall woman, which is not to say a fat woman. Let's just say she was not a paper thin, waif-like woman. Anyway, she had on these pointy-toed shoes with thin, three inch (?) heels that obviously made her look taller. But it seemed to me that she was fidgeting around in those shoes like the heels wouldn't support her for very much longer. These shoes did not look comfortable AT ALL. (Yes the color of the shoes matched her business-suit attire...)

The reason I bring this all up for comment is to ask you ladies who read here these questions:

DO you wear heels?

Do you LIKE to wear heels?

How OFTEN do you wear heels?

and WHY do you wear heels???

Do you think they make you look sexy? Make you feel feminine, womanly or sexy? Do these have anything to do with it at all? I mean, flat soled shoes look a lot more comfortable and certainly are much more practical. So why bother with heels at all? I'm a guy and I just-don't-get-it. Maybe because I'm a guy I never will get it and maybe for that reason I'm not supposed to.

But it sure does baffle me.

---

More forgotten words for you ;>)


HOLER: Adulterer; libertine; [from] French holier.
- Herbert Coleridge's Dictionary of the Oldest Words in the English Language, 1863.

SCROGGINS: Interjection used to express astonishment.
- Joseph Wright's English Dialect Dictionary, 1896-1905.

18 Comments:

At 19 January, 2006 21:56, Blogger lccb81 said...

I LOVE heels. I am 5'1.5" maybe... SO, heels are my friends. I also love to dance in heels... why you may ask. Because that's how I learned how to dance.

Heels make me feel sexier and they actually improve my posture depending on what kind of heel it is. There are heels that have bad arches and can be painful. And heels can outstay their welcome (ie.e you can wear them for too many hours). But as long as I'm not running a marathon or walking too many city blocks, heels help give me the age boost I need as not to look like I'm still in high school.

 
At 19 January, 2006 23:02, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wear heels but not those tiny heels. Wanna know why I wear them ? Because I'm 5'4 and I don't like to hem pants or jeans. Comfort is KEY at 48! LOL

 
At 19 January, 2006 23:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh and why do guys wear those ugly boots ya'll are so fond of? And why do you wear them unti they smell so bad even odor eaters curls up and desinigrates?

 
At 19 January, 2006 23:09, Blogger Tim said...

I don't have any ugly, smelly boots, so I can't say for sure why that is.

 
At 19 January, 2006 23:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You live in New Hampshire and don't have those funky mustard color lace up construction boots? Wow, good for you!!

 
At 20 January, 2006 09:09, Blogger Kristi B. said...

I very rarely wear heels because of my height. I'm 5'8". So, any heel at all would put me close to 6 feet tall. It is very awkward and uncomfortable to be taller than most the men around. I do like heels though. I just don't wear them. I think shoes are a lot cuter with heels than just flat.

 
At 20 January, 2006 14:15, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I am indifferent to women in heals. I've actually offended a few (I know, shocking, eh?)byt telling them they were pointless to me.

I don't wear boots, rarely even in the winter-I also don't attend monster truck rallys so, you know...

 
At 20 January, 2006 16:34, Blogger Tim said...

I'm not a construction boot type of guy. I'm usually wearing my Nike sneakers. I did get a nice new pair of duck boots from LL Bean for Christmas. They're dark brown around the bottom and light brown for the rest. But the weather really hasn't cooperated much (so far...) regarding the need to wear boots.

 
At 20 January, 2006 16:46, Blogger DaBich said...

Dis Bich does NOT wear heels, well, almost never. Once in a blue moon (like maybe once or twice a year) I'll wear heels that are NOT spike and NOT 3 inches high LOL. Gimme the flat shoes, I like comfort! (psssst Bluez - I like comfort at 45! lol)

 
At 20 January, 2006 16:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lets not dismiss your title of this post. UGH thanks for reminding us. Don't even get me started on that guy!!

 
At 20 January, 2006 17:20, Blogger K~ said...

I'm 5'11 and still love to wear high heels--highest I go is 4' to 5' inch heels with a good heel to them not an "excuse" for a heel.
I don't like spikes though.
Granted I mostly wear a comfortable pair of flats or sneakers every day but that's just depends on the weather what I'm wearing and whom I'm seeing.
And why do I like wearing them? Because I can. LOL'n

 
At 20 January, 2006 18:08, Blogger Deb said...

I’m God damn short! 5’3 and I need some height so I look thinner. Every woman wants to look thinner. But God help me if I become obese and continue wearing 3 inch pointy shoes. For the love of God—I’ll be poking holes in the pavement.

Now I’m depressed. I think I gained a few pounds. *sigh*


I’m going back into my bubble now.

 
At 20 January, 2006 20:04, Blogger Delte777 said...

I love "some heels". I have 2 pairs that I actually wear. One is black and the other is the 3" heel on a burgandy sandle type shoe. Every time I wear them I get comments. I prefer to wear them with jeans. Heels are "ass jackers" as I like to call them ;) They tend to make a chick's calf muscle and butt look pretty good. Being that I'm 5'6" I really don't need them for height.

Normally though I'm a boot girl - not cowboy boots. I love all kinds boots! I have 16 pairs that I rotate through. In the summer you'll be hard pressed to find me in anything other than flip flops. I wear the occassional tennis shoe of the fat variety. I never ever wear running shoes unless I'm at the gym...it is a pet peeve I have.

Oh...green, i noticed the copyright at the top of your blog. i avoid posting any of my poetry, songs, storys because I worry about them getting ripped off. how reliable is that C?

 
At 20 January, 2006 21:14, Blogger Tim said...

k~: you're taller than I pictured you to be. Interesting things we learn...

~deb: chin up kiddo. I'm short for a guy... good things come in short packages. remember that.

amz: first thing - welcome to my blog! new commenters are always welcome. I hope you'll make this a regular read on your path thru bloggerland...

the copyright on my blog - well I'm not sure it does any good, but it looks impressive and may scare some folks off. I mean if someone is going to cut and paste my stuff somewhere else, I'll never know about it. That's the one drawback to internet posting. There is a story behind my "Court Jester Productions" bit, but it's kind of lame...

I guess that's one good thing about heels is the way it makes a womans' butt look better. And I suppose they would help tone the calf muscles.

I think a toned butt looks good good, but that's not the first thing I'll notice about a woman. I'm not an ass-guy; there are better parts of a woman's body than that, in my humble opinion...

You have 16 pair of boots? I'd be lucky if I've owned 16 pairs of shoes in my lifetime... (ok, I'm kidding, but not by much.) What kind of boots, if not cowboy?

 
At 21 January, 2006 10:08, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

you are very much an ass, guy ;)

 
At 21 January, 2006 10:24, Blogger Tim said...

Gee, thanks.

 
At 23 January, 2006 12:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

LOL

 
At 24 January, 2006 14:38, Blogger DaBich said...

I think he meant you are very much and ass guy ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home