"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Discover Dallas - March 3


A map of campus was printed on the back of our information packet. Came in very handy, it did.


Dr. Chuck Swindoll was the featured speaker at the chapel service on Friday morning.


Dr. Howard Hendricks spoke after lunch about "Why Seminary?" He gave some examples of things to look for when considering seminary.


After a few extra activities on Friday afternoon, I got a ride to my hotel for the night.


On the way to my hotel near DFW Airport, we passed a rather dumpy looking Texas Staduim, where the Dallas Cowboys play football.

My hotel near DFW. This hotel is one of about 100 hotels on this road. I've never seen more hotels in less space in my life. There were more hotels across the highway too!


How exciting it is to see where I slept on Friday night!! wooo-hoooo!


Looking up at my hotel room window.


Zooming out, still looking up at my hotel room window.


One thing I didn't realize when I booked my room is that I might need to eat supper. There were no restaurants on my side of the highway.

So I crossed the highway bridge and went to a Denny's about probably a half mile away from my hotel, which is one of the lights in the top left corner of the picture. The view looking down at the highway traffic at this time of night was very cool.

5 Comments:

At 13 March, 2006 07:32, Blogger DaBich said...

Dallas Stadium reminds me of Mellon Arena! lol
(dumpy)

 
At 13 March, 2006 07:32, Blogger DaBich said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 13 March, 2006 13:38, Blogger Deb said...

Oh wow, kinda reminds me of Jersey a little bit. I like seeing pictures when people go away. Gives you the full imagery. That must have been a cool experience. :)

 
At 13 March, 2006 19:24, Blogger Ruth said...

I think it's interesting how different Dallas looks depending on the time of year... were you amazed by the lack of trees? I think that's what most strikes me whenever I'm there...

 
At 13 March, 2006 20:49, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: cities should take pride in how their staduims look. When I flew over Milwaukee I recognized Miller Park, where the Brewers play and the place was gorgeous, even from the air.

deb: jersey is no fun. I'll be going there in a few weeks to visit my grandfather.

sarafina: nice to see you again! Haveing never been to Dallas before I didn't really notice the lack of trees. There were a few on the quad on the campus, but I really didn't get to experience much else that Dallas has to offer. Perhaps next time I'll notice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home