"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Observations while flying home

DFW to MKE no problem taking off or landing. The plane was on time. Other than that, the flight was uneventful.

The coolness of the model effect was short lived after takeoff from MKE because we soon were flying over Lake Michigan.

There were many children on this flight including a young couple sitting in front of me. Their daughter, who was probably less than two was happy as a clam during takeoff and landing but was crying throughout most of the flight. As I was leaving the plane, the woman-still seated in front of me- apologized for her daughter's fussiness. I suppose she had assumed that her daughter's crying had bothered me during the flight. Not so at all. I reassured her with a smile not to worry about it, that I understood how small children and infants can react oddly sometimes because they can't express in words what they are feeling.

The seat next to mine was empty on both planes. I had a window seat again on both planes. I'd say the plane was half full on each flight.

MKE terminal D was under construction on one side of the hallway connecting the gates.

I had to change planes at MKE this time and did it with ease. Since I was using the same airline, the gate I needed to get to was just down the corridor.

The plane to BOS was delayed fifteen minutes in arriving, attributed to the dreaded "domino effect," meaning at some point in the plane's earlier flight schedule there was some kind of minor problem, thus making all subsequent stops a bit late.

I wonder how many more MPH would have been needed and for how long in order to make up the lost fifteen minutes and put the plane back on schedule. I sense a math problem in there somewhere...

I brought home three Bic Grip-roller pens from DTS in my carry on bag. All of them leaked at the tip due to the change in cabin pressure. This leak resulted in a slight spillage onto one of the last pages of the book I was reading, plus I got a bit of ink on my hands and a drop on the new shirt that I bought at the campus bookstore. I did manage to finish this book.

On each flight the cloudscapes below the plane, in certain areas, were absolutely awesome. I hope the pics I took from my seat came out good enough to post for you.

Seeing the view of the land from 36,000 feet reinforces to me just how insignificant people are from a size perspective in relation to the earth and universe in general. So why are people so important? What makes humans so special to God and why do we matter to Him?

The book I am now reading was written by Ken Ham, who will be a guest speaker at my church next month. His ministry is called Answers in Genesis. I am looking forward to hearing him speak. It's going to be great! I'll post about that more as the dates get closer.

My parents will be meeting me at the airport in Boston this evening.

I always get nervous when checking my luggage at the airport when I and it must change planes. I know I'll get onthe right plane the second time, but will my luggage do the same? I certainly hope so.

Update: My parents were waiting for me at the wrong baggage claim area at the airport, so I had to call them on my cell phone to find out where they were and tell them where I was. I had no problem reclaiming my suitcase and was already upstairs when I called them.

By the time I got back to my apartment tonight it was about 19:30.

2 Comments:

At 05 March, 2006 22:29, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I can relate to your parents being at the wrong baggage claim area. Although I've never been a passenger, I have made many a trip to pick up friends from the airport and lemme tell ya...the gates & claim areas and flights just confuse the heck outta me!

I think it's just that I get extremely nervous because of my fear of flying. LOL

 
At 06 March, 2006 17:12, Blogger Tim said...

Flying is fun!!! You should try it sometime. Especially if you sit in a window seat so you can see what is going on outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home