"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday randomness

My cats were lying in really cute poses just a few minutes ago and I wanted to share them with you.






My kids, as usual, are here with me tonight. This is May, so V got to pick her movie tonight. She chose "Quest for Camelot" which is an animated movie that came out several years ago, I guess. I had bought on DVD when I was living at my parents house almost three years ago, sometime after ex and I got separated, apparently for someone's birthday. I hid the DVD in one of the filing cabinets I have but rarely use. So, last weekend while trying futilely to arrange & organize some of the crap floating around my apartment I found this movie inside one of my folders inside the filing cabinet. It's got a good voice cast but the movie is rather lame. V and M liked it well enough so it works for me.

Today was quite boring at work. The cleanroom supervisor had the day off and he left us a note with stuff to do for the day. These things included setting up a cleanroom for Monday and breaking down another cleanroom that was used yesterday. My partner in crime, J and I had these things done by 9 AM. On to the back room where we steadily but ever so slowly were cleaning dirty machine parts. Since the owner of the company and his son left early today, my friend R, a senior manager, let us leave at 3 PM instead of 4 PM with our regular eight hours on the time card.

Ex and I had agreed to meet today at the post office where my mailbox is because I was going there anyway and she was going out with the girls tonight. However, she called me while I was waiting for her that she was running late. We then decided that she would just bring the kids to the apartment, since I had no further errands to do in that part of town and didn't want to sit in my car waiting for her.

It's my turn to post next on God vs. Darwin. Since dabich posted today and weekends are slow for bloggers stopping by to read stuff, I probably won't post my next piece until Tuesday, to allow for people to actually read & leave comments on her post. If you haven't joined in the discussion there, may I suggest you do so, now. So far the site has been received well based on the number of comments left after each post. What are you waiting for? Go! Come back here and read this boring stuff later.

Tomorrow is a busy day for V and M. We are going to volunteer at the annual spring sale at my parent's church from 9 AM until noon. Of course, being a volunteer, we get to go early and help set up and stay after to help clean up. In addition to helping out at the sale, I get to perform my annual role of auctioneer. I do this primarily because no one else seems to want to do it. Ex will pick V and M up at my parents house afterwards so they can go to their cousin's first birthday party. Ex will drop them back to me sometime on Saturday evening, depending on how things go at the party.

So that's basically it for today with a preview of what my tomorrow will be like.

Aren't you glad you stopped by?

5 Comments:

At 05 May, 2006 23:25, Blogger Ruth said...

Thanks for the virtual kittys. I am allergic so that is about as close as I should get. I, of course, cheat if I see a real one and it gets me into trouble. I can't help but want to cuddle. But I am ABSOLUTELY a dog person... Wishing you a wonderful weekend! xoS

 
At 06 May, 2006 11:54, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

wow. so exciting. makes me wish I had children so I could give up all semblance of coolness. ah, well. I guess I'll just have to envy you from afar instead.

 
At 06 May, 2006 13:46, Blogger Mystical Me said...

Well it sounds like you have no reason to be bored today. I hope all is well with you & I hope you have an awesome day. Take care sweety!! Love always, MM XOXO

 
At 06 May, 2006 14:24, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

hey mystical I saw your myspace profile. you are very pretty.

 
At 08 May, 2006 20:54, Blogger DaBich said...

The cats are adorable :)
Life with the kids sounds fun. I miss my kids being little. They're no fun now they're 19 and 23.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home