"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Wonderful weekend weather

This had to be the best weather weekend of the year, so far. Both days were virtually cloudless and warm with a gentle breeze blowing. Spring in southern New Hampshire (or New England for that matter) doesn't get much better than this, let me tell you.

On Saturday, my kids and I went to my parents house. In between loads of laundry, we went to my old elementary school so that they could enjoy the fresh air and play on the playground. Surprisingly, we were the only ones there for most of the hour and a half or so that we were there. I took a whiffle bat and two balls out of my van (the beast) and hit the balls to them fungo-style. They got to run around chasing them and throwing them back to me. I showed M how to hold and swing the bat and stand in the batters' box. I pitched a few balls to him and he still swung awkwardly - but he did manage to hit a few. I tried to show V how to hold the bat too but it was a bit more difficult for me to teach her because she is left-handed and I am not. She ended up getting frustrated with it as she normally does when learning something new.

V and M love the movie Chronicles of Narnia. Knowing that I have the whole series of books in my library and that the recent movie is book two in the series, they asked me to read to them the first book, which is called The Magician's Nephew. Two chapters down and thirteen to go...

Today, after church, we went to my favorite evil empire, Wal-Mart, so I could buy a couple of booster car seats for the kids and some transmission fluid for the beast. So V and M played outside while I did a little bit of work on the beast. I washed the inside of the windows and added some washer fluid and transmission fluid stuff to my engine that is supposed to help stop the leak, which the beast has developed recently. I also cleaned the battery posts, which were all corroded.

Later, the ex called with a voice that sounded like she swallowed a frog or three. She called out of work tonight, sick, which means that she won't be picking up the kids tomorrow morning for school. So I could either bring them to her house tonight or tomorrow morning, my choice. After weighing the options, I decided to bring them back this evening, so that they could sleep a bit later in the morning instead of getting up even earlier than normal so that I could take them to school AND get myself to work at a decent hour in the morning. When we got there, ex looked horrible, obviously worn down from the flu or whatever it is she's got. I just hope V and M don't get it, or give it to me next weekend.

I can't believe tomorrow is May first.... already.

6 Comments:

At 01 May, 2006 05:29, Blogger DaBich said...

We had the same beautiful weather here in PA...loved it. Hope your "beast' doesn't quit on ya...transmission problems suck.

 
At 01 May, 2006 12:00, Blogger Kayla said...

Beautiful sky photo.
Sounds like you had a great time at the playground :)

 
At 01 May, 2006 12:54, Blogger Mystical Me said...

Sounds like you enjoyed your weekend. I threw my son a birthday party on Saturday & the weather was soooo hot. Luckly, I ordered an icecream cake for his birthday, wooowhoo. Although, I should have bought some water balloons so they could get themselves wet. lol! Next time Ill know!! Take care sweetheart!! Lots of love, MM XOXOXOXOXO

 
At 01 May, 2006 15:24, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

you have your shirt off



LOL

 
At 01 May, 2006 18:01, Blogger Tim said...

scribe's giving me a hard time about being shirtless in my picture, because constant rain got flustered that no one had previously complained but complained when she bared the shoulders in a picture.... how unfair is that???

 
At 01 May, 2006 18:49, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Hmmm, it's the old penis vs. vagina connundrum...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home