"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, June 01, 2006

This is Your Chance...

... To vote.
....To make your voice and opinion known.

In honor of my all-time favorite actor's birthday on July 13, the SNMR feature of this blog will focus on movies starring Harrison Ford for the month of July.

There are five Saturdays in July, so I'm asking you to list your top five favorite Harrison Ford movies, by way of the comments section, that you would like to see be reviewed by me in the SNMR feature. You have exactly one month to think about it.

Once all of the results are in (to be tabulated on June 30th), I'll see which of his movies got the most votes and make my selections. Which movies will ultimately be chosen remain to be seen.

I already have some idea of the movies I want to review. But, as your humble public servant, I want to read what you, the masses, think. So please make this a worthwhile event by making your opinion known.

I won't guarantee that I'll use every selection made, because he's built quite the portfolio over 40 years of acting.

Try to guess the answer to this trivia question without referring to IMDb or any other source of information on Harrison Ford:

"In what movie did Harrison Ford make his first appearance?"

14 Comments:

At 02 June, 2006 08:15, Blogger DaBich said...

Star Wars! For both. (It's a guess for the trivia thing).
But seriously, how do you pick one fav for him??? The guy is great!

 
At 02 June, 2006 15:11, Blogger requiredreading said...

He's a handsome old guy!!

 
At 02 June, 2006 17:43, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Oh GOD. Harrison Ford. Mmmmm. He is still my alltime fave actor.

OK, I thought he made his debut in American Graffiti, but according to this, it was a movie called Journey to Shiloh?

My fave movies:

Star Wars (I am STILL madly in love with Han Solo to this day) and the sequels

The Indiana Jones Movies (but WHY did they pair him with that bimbo in The Temple of Doom???)

Working Girl, Patriot Games, Clear and Present Danger, The Fugitive, Sabrina, and Air Force 1.

That man is the most talented, as well as the hottest, actor in Hollywood to this day.

 
At 02 June, 2006 20:46, Blogger lccb81 said...

Wasn't Harrison Ford in American Graffiti? How about that one?

 
At 02 June, 2006 21:01, Blogger Tim said...

Harrison Ford was indeed in American Graffiti. But it was not his first film.

Please vote on your top five Harrison Ford films...

 
At 02 June, 2006 21:52, Blogger Tim said...

third: first of all, welcome to my blog. Thanks for commenting. come back anytime.

yes, the fourth Indiana Jones movie (untitled) is in preproduction with a scheduled release in 2007. Though this could change...

 
At 02 June, 2006 22:37, Blogger Ruth said...

My votes, in preference order...
1. Star Wars (IV)
2. The Fugitive
3. Regarding Henry
4. Working Girl
5. Clear & Present Danger

 
At 02 June, 2006 22:44, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: that's why you get five choices - becasue he has been in so many excellent films.

priscilla: my ex said to me once that she'd run away with Harrison Ford in a sec if he ever came a-calling...

saur: Here's the only reason I can think of - steven spielberg was the director, kate capshaw (spielberg's wife) gets the lead female role.

sarafina: thanks for voting. excellent choices...

 
At 03 June, 2006 00:34, Blogger Ruth said...

See... I can take direction... ;o)

 
At 03 June, 2006 08:19, Blogger yana said...

hi, thanks so much for the warm welcome :D. yeah...i figured that the green creature was meant to represent you...after i left the ditzy comment! haha.

so here are my five fav hf films.

-the fugitive
-star wars (v)
-blade runner
-six days seven nights (sorry, but i thought it was funny. he IS funny)
-indiana jones & the last crusade

i can't believe i've seen that many of his films. lol. ahhh, he's just brilliant. btw, i love those quirky quizzes too! those things don't lie :D

 
At 03 June, 2006 09:49, Blogger lccb81 said...

1. American Graffiti
2. Working Girl (Let's make green watch a girly movie)
3. Patriot Games
4. Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back
5. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.

 
At 03 June, 2006 10:39, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

OK, I'm back:

Scribe's list (the rest may stop voting now):

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. The Empire Strikes Back
3. Mosquito Coast (I'm a TRUE FAN!!!)
4. Air Force One
5. Blade Runner

 
At 05 June, 2006 18:01, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

hey what the hell happened to my previous comment???

 
At 25 June, 2006 22:46, Blogger Tim said...

Tough I've not finalized the films to be reviewed yet, this much I can tell you: I've decided to stay away from the Star Wars and Indiana Jones films in favor of some of his other, less well known work.

But I so love Indiana Jones and Han Solo, so perhaps some of these films will get a review at a later date.

Still five days left to vote!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home