"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

230 years young



Today is the day the United States celebrates it's independence from England. Two hundred thirty years ago the Declaration of Independence was signed by this country's founding fathers, officially putting an end to British rule.

Hooray~ a day off from work with pay!! Bummer~ the end of a long weekend... :>(

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th today.

The very first picture, though you can't see it very clearly, is a copy of the Declaration of Independence that I have hanging in my hallway. It's something my dad originally put together in 1976. It was on display in my parents house for many years, until I bought my first house in 1996, when he gave it to me. In the border above there are two $2 bills, which never gained popularity and were only printed in 1976, as far as I know. Thomas Jefferson is on the front and the reverse is a reproduction of the famous painting of the signing of the Declaration.

Just thought I'd share that with you.

The barbeque at my parents' house today was basically uneventful. I got there at 14:00, grilled the steaks (I was recruited) at 15:00 and helped clean up by 16:00. A took a nap and the parents went back to doing whatever it is they were doing before dinner. Sensing all of the excitement about to happen there, I decided to skip out and come home. At least here I can be semi-productive and putter around.

Before you even ask: No I'm not going to see any fireworks displays tonight, since ex has the kids, and I've no one else to go with. Last time I went with the kids we had lots of fun. It was great seeing their amazed faces at the lights, colors and noise of the fireworks. Though it was rather depressing watching all of the couples that sat around us, holding hands and being romantic.


Here's a pic of the lobsters that my dad and brother ate. They are called chix lobsters because they each weigh under 1 1/2 pounds. Aren't they cute?? My mom doesn't like the look of the weird looking critters. She was standing at the sink when one of them flipped its tail and she nearly had a heart attack, or so it seemed. Quite amusing, really.

I'm not much of a seafood person, so I didn't have any lobster to eat. Though I'm not in any way freaked out by them. In fact I think they're rather cool looking, don't you?

1 Comments:

At 05 July, 2006 05:54, Blogger DaBich said...

lol Green, lobsters cool? Weird, maybe...but tasty indeed!
Glad you could relax on your holiday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home