"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, July 10, 2006

A night with Captain Jack...Sparrow

I went to see Pirates of the Carribbean: Dead Man's Chest tonight. I thought it was excellent, but not quite as good as the original. It serves the purpose well of setting up next summer's third and final installment in the trilogy.

I won't tell you anything about the plot of Dead Man's Chest so I don't ruin it for you. It's always helpful [and good for the Box Office] when you can get the original cast and director back for any sequel, which this film does.

I will say that Kiera Knightley is still hot AND there's a bit of a twist ending - one that I certainly was not expecting and that I hope will be explained next summer.

If you liked Curse of the Black Pearl, you should like Dead Man's Chest. Go see it. Spend the $8.50 for the ticket and another $10 for popcorn and a drink. You'll be glad you did.


Bring on At World's End, baby.

9 Comments:

At 11 July, 2006 06:37, Blogger Simon said...

On you on commission or something?

 
At 11 July, 2006 08:11, Blogger DaBich said...

My daughter saw Dead Man's Chest, and said it was just as good as the original. She loved it, now I can't wait to go see it!
I want to see Lake House, Superman, and this movie...which one first??? lol

 
At 11 July, 2006 13:48, Blogger Nunzia said...

glad to see others are blogging about summer movies that are less than great. :) having a 6 year old step-daughter to be i'm sure i'll have to sit through this one too so thanks for the heads up! :)

 
At 11 July, 2006 17:12, Blogger Tim said...

simon: no commission. Thanks for stopping by, though.

dabich: see, here's the deal - this sequel and next summer's film were only made due to the unexpected smashing success of the first film, which can stand alone as a complete and satisfying story. This film and At World's End are like a two part mini-series. You need the third film (in the series) to complete the story line, now.

nunzia: The film was still good, and I recommend it.

 
At 11 July, 2006 21:30, Blogger Kayla said...

Cool..can't wait to see it!

 
At 11 July, 2006 21:55, Blogger Tim said...

kayla: it's good. Johnny Depp is great as Captain Jack.

texasgal: have fun in Hungary. Such a beautiful country...

 
At 11 July, 2006 22:25, Blogger Ruth said...

AAAAARRRRGGG Maties...
I liked the first one, hope to see the second... but will do Netflix... I am not a big fan of having my feet stuck to the floor of a packed theater and my husband has so much fun setting up surround sound for that perfect movie environment... I can't spoil his fun! xoS

 
At 12 July, 2006 14:02, Blogger DaBich said...

I saw it last night, it rocked! Depp and Bloom were...awesome, that's it, awesome! ;)
Knightly was adorable too. The movie was fantastic from start to finish!

 
At 14 July, 2006 18:15, Blogger mckay said...

i loved POTC, also. great stuff!!

dabich, skip Superman and go see Pirates and the Lake House. i loved both, although totally different, of course.

i saw Superman and there was some good stuff, but there were times that i just didn't buy the new guy as superman. i loved Reeve when he played Clark Kent, and this guy does an average imitation, but not up to snuff as Reeve.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home