"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I've been waiting for this day

6 years, 9 months and 20 days to be exact.

What was I waiting for, you ask?

M came up to me this afternoon, baseball glove in hand, and asked his old man if he wanted to play catch with him.

How could I say no to that??

So I told him to get one of his baseball hats, and I got my hat, glove and a ball so that we could go out to play for about a half an hour. I was trying to teach him the basics of throwing and catching a baseball. He did better with his throwing than his catching which is normal. Even though V doesn't have a glove, she chased down some balls and was practicing her throwing too.

What beautiful weather we had for it too. Sunny, 75, with a slight breeze moving the cotton puff clouds across the sky.

Hopefully many more days like this to come...

And to top it off, afterwards while my kids played a board game, I got to doze off in front of the tv while watching the ballgame.... mmmmmm

4 Comments:

At 14 August, 2006 15:12, Blogger Kayla said...

How sweet!
I know that made your day.

 
At 14 August, 2006 18:16, Blogger Tim said...

kayla:

It definitely did. There's something magical about your first game of catch with your dad. It's a key bonding moment....

 
At 15 August, 2006 07:28, Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Aren't kids the greatest??? I love it when SaurKid comes to me like that. We don't play ball, but we do other things together which are just as important to us.

 
At 16 August, 2006 05:46, Blogger DaBich said...

It's cool when they're 20 and ask you relationship questions. Wait for that one green! lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home