"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Poolside observations

This afternoon V and M went swimming. The air wasn't hot enough to heat the water enough for my taste, so I just sat poolside in the shade watching them play. It's absolutely amazing how much more progress the kids have made in the swimming area. They both now can tread water well enough that they don't need their lifejackets in the shallow end of the pool. Both are becoming adept at going underwater without holding their noses first and are doing excellent at swimming underwater for short distances. M wants a set of goggles so he can open his eyes under the water.

Why is it that the best looking women at my apartment complex are either married/have boyfriends, are smokers or have large obnoxious tattoos, or a combination of all three?

There were two couples, each with a small child at the pool today. Each woman was physically attractive enough. The best looking woman of the two had no large visible tattoos but took time out from playing with her daughter to light up a cigarette. Yack. The other woman, while not as attractive as the first, not only was a smoker but had a tattoo that covered the majority of her back. Yuck.

I'm not really into tattoos myself but can (sort of) understand the desire to have a small, discreet one.

Then there was another woman who was there with her kids. She was wearing a bikini but was way too skinny for it. She had two medium sized tattoos on her back and a smaller one on each leg, near the ankles, though she didn't light up while she was there. Two of the kids she brought were tossed out of the pool by the pool monitor for excessive horsing around and another, younger kid somehow got hurt near the end and was complaining that he could not see and was crying for help. She got mad at the pool monitor, whom she thought was an actual lifeguard, for not doing more to help. She was complaining about the lack of assistance while she was huddling over the injured kid, who I'm assuming was her son.

With myself and possibly the skinny bikini lady above as exceptions, the rest of the adults at the pool this afternoon (including the pool monitor lady) were smokers. I understand that the pool area is an open air public place but... what ever happened to public areas being smoke free? Is there some kind of law that is supposed to restrict such behavior - something similar to the law in effect banning smoking from restaurants?

4 Comments:

At 06 August, 2006 18:23, Blogger DaBich said...

Personally, I think parents need to monitor their own kids a bit more. Why depend on someone else to tell your kids how to act?

 
At 06 August, 2006 22:41, Blogger Kayla said...

I like the idea of a small discreet tatoo, but have never gotten one because as you get older, they look ridiculous!
Yick..I'm with you on banning smoking in public areas.

 
At 07 August, 2006 16:22, Blogger Mystical Me said...

I know exactly what you mean!!
I used to smoke, I quit when I turned 21, but then I started again for a few months, then quit permantly at the age of 22 years old. I first started smoking at the age of 13 years old. I was pretty dumb at that age. But now I hate being around smokers & I wont date a guy who smokes. NO WAY!! So I can totally relate to what you mean.
Although, I like tattoo's, not a lot of course only small ones on woman & not a lot on men. So again I can relate to what your saying.
The water looks good btw!! :) Take care sweetheart & I hope you have an awesome week. XOXOXOX

 
At 07 August, 2006 17:13, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: you are right. This woman was lying on her towel with her head facing away from the pool so she could not see a thing. She'd only turn around to yell at the kids.
But the two kids who were tossed out were trying - trying to look all innocent and what'd I do?
Nonsense.

kayla: Me neither on the tattoo, plus I can find better, less painful ways to spend my money...

Not only should smoking in all public areas be banned, it's disgusting to watch & smell.

mm: I took two puffs on a cig when I was 16 or so and said out loud to myself, amidst my gagging, how in the heck can any one DO THIS???
Never again.

Tattoos, small ones can be kinda cool but I can never justify it to myself. Plus they fade and warp as you get older and then just look like blobs of ink.

The water generally is nice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home