"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, September 07, 2006

NFL Predictions 2006

As an avid football fan I think I know as much as the "expert" prognosticators.

What are my credentials? Judge for yourself.

I've been picking straight up and vs. spread winners since 1996. In ten seasons, I have a regular season winning percentage of 63.7% straight up (1583-902-3) and 51.8% vs. spread (1251-1160-77), which is considerably more difficult to do than you might think.

I gave my predictions last season, with mixed results. So I'm right there with every other prognosticator as far as accuracy goes.

So then here are my predictions for the 2006 season with regular season record in parenthesis, followed by my comments and then my postseason picks with SuperBowl XLI winner.

AFC East: New England Patriots (12-4); thanks to a weak division and schedule.
AFC North: Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4); must pick the champs until they are beaten.
AFC South: Indianapolis Colts (12-4); who is going to beat Peyton? Nobody.
AFC West: Kansas City Chiefs (10-6); win division based on series sweep of Broncos.

NFC East: Dallas Cowboys (10-6); even with the human distraction machine that is T.O.
NFC North: Chicago Bears (12-4); class of a relatively soft division.
NFC South: Carolina Panthers (12-4); trendy pick to represent NFC in the Super Bowl.
NFC West: Seattle Seahawks (11-5); anxious to prove last year was no fluke.

Playoffs:
AFC Wild Cards: Denver Broncos (10-6) and Jacksonville Jaguars (10-6)
AFC Champion: New England Patriots

NFC Wild Cards: New York Giants (10-6) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5)
NFC Champion: Chicago Bears

Super Bowl XLI Champion: New England Patriots; tie Steelers with NFL record four championships in six seasons.

All of this and I can proudly say that I do not play fantasy football, nor have I ever gambled on any football game.

1 Comments:

At 08 September, 2006 05:39, Blogger DaBich said...

Steelers won last night! woo-hoo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home