"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, October 01, 2006

October already...

What a difference a day makes. Yesterday was a crisp, cool autumn day, typical for New England this time of year. V, M and I went along with my dad out for a few hours of apple picking at an orchard nearby. Later V, M and I went up to the playground behind my old elementary school. They played on the swings and other equipment until we realized that someone hit lots of golf balls on the lawn behind the school earlier in the day. We collected 41 golf balls and gave them all to my brother A. He likes to go to the driving range, too.

Today we were cooped up in the apartment after church because it was a cold, rainy dismal day.

It's always nice when I can watch my Patriots win. They dismantled a very good Cincinnati Bengals team on the road, wining 38-13. This was a game that all of "the experts" picked the Pats to lose based on the way they'd played in the first three games of the season. At first, I didn't hold out much hope either, but the game turned out to be very exciting.

As I mentioned last year on this date, this was my wedding anniversary. It would have been 12 years today. Not that I regret the course I've gone in this regard - just noting the date for the record. For the rest of my life, internally anyways, I'll always remember this date for that reason.

Some other dates I get to look forward to this month:

Next weekend I'm going down to New Jersey to see my grandfather, a trip I passed up a few weeks ago, due to a persistent cough I had.

A's 35th birthday is on the 7th.
M's 7th birthday is on the 24th.

The new job starts on the 17th.
The 1st anniversary of my (first of two) kidney stone surgeries is on the 31st.

October already... unbelievable.

2 Comments:

At 02 October, 2006 15:46, Blogger American Guy said...

"A's 35th birthday is on the 7th."

Really? Nothing makes me feel so old as acknowedging younger siblings birthday. It really threw me for a loop when my baby sister turned 30 last year.

 
At 04 October, 2006 05:28, Blogger DaBich said...

AG ~ you're getting older, just like the rest of us.

Green ~ October indeed, where does the time go????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home