"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, November 17, 2006

Rare Opportunity tonight

My kids are taking a tae-kwon-do class in the town where they live and both are testing for their yellow belts tomorrow morning. I'll pick them up after they're done, just before noon.

---

One of the hardest things about being single is that, when I see a good looking woman that I might be attracted to, I can never tell if they are already involved in a relationship or not, aside from any rings on the left hand.

Which leads me to the rare opportunity I have tonight - a kid-free Friday night. Coincidentally, a local radio station is sponsoring a singles-mingle dance tonight in Manchester, from 8:00 PM - midnight.

So I've decided to go out tonight to this event, even though dancing isn't my favorite thing to do. I'll check out the scene and see what comes of it. It will be nice to get oout and socialize, knowing that the women I'll meet are definitely unattached. Who knows? At the very least I'll meet some new people. Should be lots of fun.

UPDATE: I was rather disappointed in the event. The music was good and loud, the place was packed, the dance floor was always full BUT most of the people there from what I could tell were NOT single. It looked like there were more over 50 couples there than actual young, single people. And there were many couples around my age there too, people that clearly came with a boyfriend or girlfriend.

In fact, when I first got there, around 20:15, the deejay was handing the microphone over to the owner of a local dance studio who co-sponsored the event. He went on to try and teach the group some basic Salsa steps. I ended up getting partnered with three women who looked old enough to be my mother. YUK!

The best looking woman there happened to work at the dance studio, possibly as an instructor. Man was she hot. But it looked like she had a boyfriend.

So tonight I learned two things.

A) Never go to one of these things solo.

and

B) Never go to one of these things solo.

I think the biggest reason why I don't normally go to these types of things, is because I know that I have no rhythm and look foolish when I'm pretending that I do. Seriously, all I kept thinking about was Billy Crystal's "white man's overbite" line from When Harry Met Sally and trying not to do it myself.

Before I left, I did go up to the table that the hot chick was working at to find out her name and inquire about the dance studio and lessons.

I'm seriously considering taking some dance lessons, probably after the holidays, so I don't feel like such a big dork when and if I go to these things. Plus, many women like to go dancing and it would be nice, if ever I'm in a relationship again, to actually have a good time if we ever would go out dancing. Taking lessons might be a good way to meet women and I might get on the beat...

4 Comments:

At 17 November, 2006 21:02, Blogger Kayla said...

Good luck at the mingle.
Let us know how it went, okay?

 
At 18 November, 2006 12:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww too bad Green, I was hoping it wouldn't turn out like my experience when I went to a singles dance after I got divorced. I was about your age and all the men were fat and bald and over 50. Where are they NOW? hahaaa

 
At 18 November, 2006 15:18, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Wow, suddenly Club Abundance doesn't sound so bad LOL

 
At 18 November, 2006 16:35, Blogger Kayla said...

I love to dance, but have always felt awkward going to singles events.
The unfortunate few I've been to have been like a meat market bar experience without the alcohol.
Ugghh
I was more than ready for a margarita afterwards!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home