"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Red Skelton on Marriage

As a divorcee, this made me laugh. Perhaps this is one of the reasons why I am divorced... :>(

1. Two times a week, we go to a nice restaurant, have a little beverage, good food and companionship. She goes on Tuesdays, I go on Fridays.

2. We also sleep in separate beds. Hers is in California and mine is in Texas.

3. I take my wife everywhere..... But she keeps finding her way back.

4. I asked my wife where she wanted to go for our anniversary. She said, "Somewhere I haven't been in a long time!" So I suggested the kitchen.

5. We always hold hands... If I let go, she shops.

6. She has an electric blender, electric toaster and electric bread maker. She said, "There are too many gadgets and no place to sit down!".... So I bought her an electric chair.

7. My wife told me the car wasn't running well because there was water in the carburetor. I asked where the car was; she told me "in the lake."

8. She got a mud pack and looked great for two days... Then the mud fell off.

9. She ran after the garbage truck, yelling "Am I too late for the garbage?" .... The driver said "No, jump in!"

10. I married Miss Right. I just didn't know her first name was Always.

11. I haven't spoken to my wife in 18 months. I don't like to interrupt
her.

12. The last fight was my fault though. My wife asked "What's on the TV?" I said "Dust!"

13. Remember: Marriage is the number one cause of divorce.

3 Comments:

At 17 November, 2006 11:42, Blogger Ruth said...

I think my husband could relate to "We always hold hands... If I let go, she shops."... but I have on good authority that he holds it at other times too... just extra tight if we're at a mall... xoS

 
At 17 November, 2006 14:58, Blogger Mystical Me said...

LMAO!!
Great post!! Love always, MM XOXO

 
At 03 September, 2007 20:03, Blogger EstherNow said...

You are shameless. :) These are funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home