"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, March 24, 2007

It's a small world after all...

In order to save time this morning, I decided that I would go to the warehouse sale by myself. As it turned out, I got some good summer reading material, since the next sale isn't until September 8th. I spent a little over an hour there and immediately headed up north afterwards.

I managed to get to the studio in time to see all but 30 minutes of the 2 1/2 hour Taekwando testing that V and M had this morning and was very impressed. M is one of the youngest students in the school of about 200. After the testing was finished and people were leaving, I got a chance to meet and speak with the owner of the studio, an 8th degree black belt, who first started learning Taekwando in 1959.

After lunch, my kids and I went to the playground at the local elementary school that AG and I attended in the 1970's. M and I played catch with both a tennis ball and a football, but not at the same time. V was playing on the swings nearby while M and I were throwing the balls around. Turns out she started playing with a 3 1/2 year old boy, whose parents were nearby and taking turns holding their 6 month old son.

When M and I were done we went over to where V was playing with the little boy. After M joined in the fun, which included a little football (soccer), I started talking to the woman. I asked her if they lived in Burlington and she said yes, for about four years, and that they lived on a certain street relatively close to the school. I told her that one of my best friends used to live on that street when we were growing up and told her the street number. She then said that they live in that very same house, which they bought from a couple who bought it from the previous longtime owners in 1999.

And the previous longtime owners of this very same house happen to be AG's parents.

Neat.

5 Comments:

At 25 March, 2007 05:50, Blogger American Guy said...

i miss that house.

It's a very weird feeling when the house you grew up in gets sold.

 
At 26 March, 2007 05:43, Blogger DaBich said...

Now that is cool. Small world, huh?

 
At 26 March, 2007 13:30, Blogger ~AprilD said...

So let me get this right...
AG lived in a house growing up, but then was sold to some people who then sold it to the women you met at the school? I think I have it right.

It is a very strange feeling leaving the house you grew up in. I am still "greiving" about my parents losing their house last October. Too many memories still there.

 
At 26 March, 2007 16:23, Blogger Tim said...

AG: I'm sure you do and I'll take your word for it, since I haven't had this experience yet.

Though last summer a woman and her family drove up to my parents house and wanted to take a picture of it and walk around the yard. She said that her family lived in the house in the 1950's and she hadn't been back since her parents sold it in the late 50's or early 60's. This woman's parents may have been the original owners of this house.

dabich: I also thought it was cool, which is why I wrote about it.

~autumn: yep. you got it about right. My parents plan on selling their house in four years, when they retire. I'll understand the weirdness then, since they've owned this house since 1973.

 
At 03 September, 2007 21:30, Blogger EstherNow said...

Your CBD sale is this Saturday. I think it is God's grace that you have the Book of the Month opportunities. Advanced copies, best authors, and free cost! God's looking out for you, Green. I'm looking in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home