"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, May 18, 2007

Friday reflections

I had an interview this morning with another staffing agency (that makes five I've interviewed with so far) and the second interview with company #3 from last Wednesday. At company #3 I interviewed with the department manager and one of his leads. The weird part about the second interview was that the lead recognized me. He started working at the agency I worked for from 1997-1999. He worked part time in the evenings towards the end of my time there while I was a full-time day shifter. Whether he remembered me because I'm such a memorable guy (I am?) or because he had the benefit of reviewing my resume and noticed the commonality, I'll never know. I'm also not sure if knowing this guy will help or hurt me in their hiring decision. I'd like to think it couldn't hurt but who knows. No official offers were made, but when asked, the manager told me that he wouldn't wait too long to make a decision so as to not leave me hanging. I'll hear back from the first woman I met with when a decision (and hopefully an offer) is made.

Last night, M was invited to his best friend's birthday party at a candle pin bowling alley a few towns over from where he lives. I met ex and V there, so that ex could go out with her girlfriends and I would take the kids for the weekend, as usual. While the party was going on, V and I were able to bowl a few strings. I won the first game and V won the second.

On baseball: After today's games, the nine-time defending AL East champion Yankees (18-22) fell 10 games behind division-leading Boston. The Yankees had not been double digits back in the AL East since they trailed the Red Sox by 10 games after play on Sept. 22, 1995, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. Now, in a worst-case scenario, if the Yankees lose to the Mets again on Saturday and Sunday and if the Red Sox sweep the Braves in three over the weekend, that would put the Yankees 12 1/2 games behind the Red Sox entering their three game series at Yankee Stadium starting on Monday. Now lets assume that the Red Sox were able to sweep the three games at Yankee Stadium. If that happens, the Yankees would be 15 1/2 games out of first place less than a week before Memorial Day. I don't think that it's likely that the Yankees will get swept by the Red Sox next week, but the pressure is clearly on them, and it won't matter how Roger Clemens does.. I do think, however unfair it may be, that the Yankees will need to sweep the Red Sox or at minimum win two of the three to save Joe Torre's job. We haven't heard anything publicly from George Steinbrenner, the Yankees owner, yet - but he certainly can't be happy with what has transpired with his team so far this season.

On Monday, I'll post on the pitching match ups for the series and update it as the games unfold.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home