"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, May 11, 2007

Measure progress in small amounts

I got a call yesterday from yet another staffing agency who saw my resume on line and wanted to set up a meeting with me for today, which we did. The office from which the recruiter called me was located in downtown Boston, though their corporate headquarters is in a town outside the city. So into downtown Boston I went this morning. Clearly it was a better experience this time, based on the fact that the last time I had to venture into the Hub of the Universe it was February, which meant windy and cold (9 degres Farenheit).

I can use the subway in Boston well enough, but once on the surface in a downtown area with traffic and skyscrapers and unmarked streets, we're talking a recipe for my getting lost. I only had minor problems in that regard this morning. Stuck in traffic on my way in I thought I'd be late for my appointment, but I was actually 15 minutes early. Good thing I had some reading material available while waiting.

While I was in my meeting, my cell phone vibrated and beeped, letting me know that I missed a call and had a new voice mail. Turns out the call was from the woman I met with at interview #3 on Wednesday. She wanted to talk to me to set up a second interview for next week with the hiring manager and the team lead for that department. Said meeting will take place next Friday at 14:00.

So while I haven't yet secured a job, prospects are beginning to look up. We'll measure the progress in small amounts and hope for the best.

Quote of the Day (because I feel like adding one...): "It's a recession when your neighbor loses his job; it's a depression when you lose yours." -Harry S. Truman

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11 May, 2007 15:55, Blogger ~AprilD said...

I hope something works out for ya soon Green!

 
At 11 May, 2007 22:14, Blogger Tim said...

~a: why thank you. (me too!)

 
At 17 May, 2007 08:51, Blogger DaBich said...

Good luck Green :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home