"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Things that happened on my birthday

I've been tagged by the incomparable bluez for this assignment.

I should clarify that today is not my birthday. That happened just about a month ago.... ;>)

I have to find my birthday on Wikipedia and list three events, birthdays and a holiday that happen on that day. I've added three deaths too, just to be a trifle morbid.

June 25th is the 176th day of the year (177th in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar. There are 189 days remaining in the calendar year after this date.

Three Events that happened on June 25th:
1788 - Virginia becomes the 10th state to ratify the United States Constitution.
1876 - Battle of the Little Bighorn and the death of Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer.
1947- The Diary of Anne Frank is published.

Three births that occurred on June 25th:
1903 - George Orwell (pen name of Eric Arthur Blair), British writer (d. 1950)
1945 - Carly Simon, American singer
1947 - Jimmie Walker, American actor (Good Times - "Dy-No-Mite!")
1969 - yours truly.

Three deaths that occurred on June 25th:
1533 - Mary Tudor, queen consort of Louis XII of France (b. 1496)
1673 - Charles de Batz-Castelmore, Comte d'Artagnan, Captain of the Musketeers under Louis XIV of France (b. 1611)
1997 - Jacques-Yves Cousteau, French oceanographer and explorer (b. 1910)

One holiday/observance that occurred on June 25th:
Holiday - Mozambique's Independence Day
Observance - National Catfish Day

Ok, Since I haven't tagged anyone for anything in a while, I'm going to tag: AM,
Southern Sweetheart, Kayla, Kristi, Lee Ann, and JLee.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 24 July, 2007 10:58, Blogger JLee said...

oooh, this is an interesting tag. I know offhand Racquel Welch shares my birthday! (I think) I'll work on it for tomorrow. :)

 
At 24 July, 2007 12:40, Blogger DaBich said...

National Catfish Day....how unique! =D

 
At 24 July, 2007 15:42, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

I love this tag. Very original! I need to go find out what happened on my bday.

 
At 24 July, 2007 16:17, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Ok...I will be working on it.
Happy birthday to YOU and Carly Simon on 6/25! ;)

 
At 24 July, 2007 17:17, Blogger Tim said...

jlee & lee ann: I'll look forward to learning what happened on your birthdays....

dabs: Yeah, I thought that was interesting...

stephanie: Welcome to my blog and thanks for taking the time to read and comment. New readers and commenters are always welcome. I hope you enjoyed your visit here and hope that you will make this a regular stop on your journey through blogland. I've linked to your blog so that I can come by and visit your place. You should make this into a post for your blog...

Out of curiosity, though, how did you come across my litle slice of blog heaven???

 
At 24 July, 2007 19:17, Blogger Kayla said...

This should be interesting..
I have no clue who was born, or what significant events happend on 7/7

 
At 24 July, 2007 22:59, Blogger Lee Ann said...

My tag is up! ;)
Have a great night!

 
At 25 July, 2007 03:11, Blogger American Guy said...

won't be going on my blog, but i'll tell you my favourite thing that happened on my birthday:

1859 - Joshua A. Norton declares himself Emperor Norton I of the United States.

But my sister has an even better observance: Her birthday is also International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

AAARRGH

 
At 25 July, 2007 17:25, Blogger Tim said...

ag: that's part of the reason I didn't tag you. You're a party pooper when it comes to participating in these tags and I already know when your birthday is...

 
At 26 July, 2007 10:00, Blogger American Guy said...

yes - but did you know about the emporer?

 
At 26 July, 2007 11:35, Blogger Tim said...

yes, you've told me about the emperor bit before.

 
At 26 July, 2007 22:14, Blogger American Guy said...

good - you're paying attention then

 
At 27 July, 2007 16:24, Blogger Mellissa said...

I am SORRY I missed your Birthday sweet Green!!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY dear friend!!

xoxo,
Mellissa

Oh and to answer the question you left in your comment on my blog... his name will be Evan Samuel.

 
At 27 July, 2007 16:37, Blogger Tim said...

mellissa:

not to worry, you had other stuff on your plate. Thanks for the belated wishes, though!

Oh, and btw, that's an excellent name for a boy...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home