"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, August 11, 2007

On Vacation....

No, not me silly. My parents.

V, M and I drove them to the airport this morning. They're off to Florida and the Caribbean for the next two weeks. Tomorrow they drive across the state to pick up their ship - a one week Caribbean cruise with my aunt, uncle and last surviving grandparent. Once they get back, they'll spend a week at my grandmother's condo before flying home on the 25th.

One of the reasons my parents went (aside from their need of a vacation) is because of my grandmother, who will be celebrating her 90th birthday on the 19th. This is her way of celebrating... with her son (my uncle) and daughter (my mom) and their spouses, since God only knows how many years she has left....

Next Friday, my sister is going to Florida herself. The parents of one of her high-school friends own a condo somewhere down there and she was invited to spend a few days.

I could use a vacation. I haven't gone anywhere on vacation in I don't know how long. My trip to Dallas in March 2006 was the last trip I took, but it doesn't count as a vacation, since I went down there for a purpose.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 11 August, 2007 18:54, Blogger JLee said...

Well holler next time you're here in Dallas!

 
At 11 August, 2007 19:17, Blogger Tim said...

I shall. I had a good time in the big "D" - my first time in Texas. Too bad I didn't "know" you then...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home