"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, August 02, 2007

I have a confession to make...




I actually like the novels that I've read by Nicholas Sparks.

Yes, you read that correctly [shock, horror]. After chatting with another blogger about two months ago and discussing some of our likes and dislikes, I decided to take up the unspoken(?) challenge and give them a whirl. It wasn't much of a shock (to me anyway) that I do indeed have a soft underside. Yeah, I'm a sensitive guy. Wanna fight about it? ;>)

So much so that when I went to the library on Monday, I checked out two more of his books. Not a tough choice since I'd only read those two. Plenty more to choose from.

Granted, they are not my standard fare of reading material but it's always good to expand your horizons, right? That's what I thought, too.

These are the books I picked this time:

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 02 August, 2007 19:18, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

I liked The Notebook and Message in a Bottle (although not the film adapation of the latter). I do agree, he's a very talented writer. Too many people like to line up to verbally beat up commercially successful authors.

 
At 03 August, 2007 06:45, Blogger oregoncelticlady said...

Hello, stopping by from Bug's blog! Hope you don't mind!!!

I LOVE the couple I have read!! And love sensitive guys =) !

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:44, Blogger DaBich said...

Nicholas Sparks is indeed a talented guy. I've read several of his books, and I'm sure to read more. The books are always better than the movies, but I enjoy those too. Green, how nice that you can admit to reading AND LIKING him!

 
At 03 August, 2007 09:58, Blogger Tim said...

Stephanie: I've still not watched the film version of The Notebook even though my sister has it. I may watch the film version of Message in a Bottle, when I'm finished.

Have you read True Believer? I liked that one better (slightly) than The Notebook.

ocl: thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog. New readers are always welcome and new commenters are even better!

Yea, he's a very good author. It's no surprise that some of his novels have been transformed onto the big screen.

d: that's why I titled the post as I did... if it weren't for that chat, I would not have even considered reading one of his books.

 
At 03 August, 2007 10:32, Blogger JLee said...

There's nothing wrong with that!

 
At 05 August, 2007 00:15, Blogger EE said...

I'm not a big fan of Nicholas Sparks, but love that you admit to reading him:)
Lately, I've been in the mood for "upbeat" novels...the books I've read of his have tended to be "downers".
I'll send my girls over to clean your bathrooms...they have lots of experience;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home