"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, January 14, 2008

Awaiting the next storm

I'd say we got anywhere between 10-12 inches of the white fluffy stuff today, though I have not listened for the actual snowfall totals. The storm began in earnest around 04:00 and didn't let up until mid afternoon. I figured that V and M would not have school today. I did get up at 05:15 to look on this New Hampshire radio station's web site to get an early look at the cancellation list. When I saw that the schools in the town where V and M live were listed right at the top, I turned off my computer and blissfully went back to sleep. Z-Z-Z-Z-Z-Z.

I told K on Saturday that if V and M didn't have school today because of the storm, that I would keep them until whenever we could arrange to meet, since there was no way I was going out driving when the snow was falling the hardest. That turned out to be 17:45 at our usual meeting spot.

The secondary roads for the most part were decent, considering the amount of snow that fell. The highways were fantabulous, right down to the bare pavement. It made the drive to get to our meeting place all the easier.

For most of the day, V and M played with their video games, leaving me to go outside and shovel, etc. Naturally, it was around 15:00 that M declared that he was bored and wanted to watch a movie of over 2 hours in length. When I told him no because we were going to leave in an hour or so, he was disappointed. I had wanted to give myself plenty of time to do my errands and get there without having to rush and without knowing what the roads or traffic would be like. We got there fifteen minutes early.

It turned out to be a heavy, sticky snow - perfect for making a snowman.

Or for just plain getting clogged in the chute of the snowthrower I was using to clear the driveway, over and over and over and over and over again.

Now the weather gnomes are predicting another storm for Thursday into Friday. Early reports on one Boston area TV station says we should expect more of a mix than just straight snow.

And best of all.... it's going to be mighty cold this weekend in Foxboro for the AFC Championship Game. Hardly advantageous for a visiting football team from southern California...

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

At 14 January, 2008 21:28, Blogger EstherNow said...

I say this in the nicest possible way, Green:

"Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!"

What choice do you really have in New England in the winter?

Good for you for making a snowman with your children!

 
At 14 January, 2008 21:56, Blogger Tim said...

e: Easy for you to say when you don't have to deal with it. But you are right, we deal with what we must weather-wise this time of year.

I didn't say we made a snowman but we absolutely could have. Problem was that the kids had snowpants and boots but neglected to bring hats and gloves. So they played outside for all of 15 minutes before their hands got to cold.

 
At 15 January, 2008 18:01, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO glad I moved outta New England. We got rain. YAY life is good and my car is unfrozen.

 
At 15 January, 2008 18:31, Blogger Minister Scribe said...

"perfect for making a snowman."

Thou shalt make no graven images before me...I wanna help!!!

 
At 18 January, 2008 08:21, Blogger DaBich said...

Ahhh....that will make for an interesting football game! I'll be watching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home