"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, April 25, 2008

didn't feel like it this year

The 2008 NFL Draft takes place in New York tomorrow and Sunday.

Normally, I'd be posting my entry into the Patriots Football Weekly Mock Draft contest.

Not this year though. I just didn't feel like doing it.

Okay that's not entirely true. On Tuesday night I bought the draft magazine I get every year and I skimmed through it during lunch and my breaks at work on Wednesday. I was going to fill out my entry form online last night (entries had to be received by 17:00 tonight) and work out my picks. By the time I remembered last night that I wanted to do it it was too late and I was too tired to make educated guesses on which players each team needs and whom they might select.

Sure, I'll still watch the draft tomorrow afternoon. It will be fun to see whom the Patriots pick (LB help, please?) and which team selects Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan (Atlanta, Kansas City or Baltimore - all need QB's and have picks in the top 8). I think the Falcons will take him at #3 but I hope he drops to #8 and lands with the Ravens.

---

Can you believe that next weekend is Derby day? We'll get to see which horse will attempt to win the Triple Crown, which hasn't been done in 30 years. More on that next week.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 26 April, 2008 00:17, Blogger EstherNow said...

Being originally from Louisville, Kentucky (Home of the Derby) but now living in South Carolina, I always try to keep up, even from a distance, with The Derby.

Most of my family still lives in Louisville, so they can keep me informed, and one channel or another will always show the "fastest minute" in sports (as it's called).

By the way, I forgot to wish you an early "Happy Birthday!" based on your birthday comment from your previous post.

 
At 26 April, 2008 10:34, Blogger Tim said...

I'm not a big horse racing fan, but I do enjoy watching the triple crown races every year.

 
At 27 April, 2008 20:21, Blogger ~AprilD said...

It's okay the draft wasn't very exciting. Not nearly as last year, but then I'm biased.

I read in an article that Goodell decreased time between 1st round announcements from 15 min to 10 minutes shaving off 3 hours of time! (last year the whole 1st round took nearly 6 hours! SHeesh!)
It said next year he's going to start moving it from city to city and going prime time. What do you think?

 
At 27 April, 2008 21:16, Blogger Tim said...

a: yes, the format of the draft was different, saving the time you mentioned.

I like the idea of the draft being moved each year to different NFL cities on some kind of rotating basis, I wouldn't put it on in prime time, though because the majority of people, including some football fans (I'm guessing) don't care enough to watch the draft. Even I turned it off for a while and I like that kind of stuff.

 
At 29 April, 2008 14:19, Blogger DaBich said...

Work??? You're working? Here I thought you were still unemployed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home