"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, August 18, 2008

not surprised

That Jennifer Aniston and John Mayer broke up as a couple last week doesn't surprise me one bit.

What continues to amaze me is the comments I've read on several Hollywood dish type web sites the amount of hatred and venom spewed at them (and it seems especially at Aniston) in these comments.



Will we ever know who broke it off with whom?

Probably, knowing the media vultures and paparazzi that hound Hollywood and music stars these days.

Should we know?

Absolutely not.

Some things should just be left between two people and shouldn't be discussed in the public domain. If you just broke off with your boyfriend/girlfriend, would you want it bandied about in and trashed by the media? I really doubt it.

Seems to me that most Hollywood stars should find partners outside of that circle and try to stay out of the press for obvious reasons. No press is better than negative press in this observer's humble opinion. It's a rare couple that can stay together in the public eye or despite it and kudos to those that can.

Why do I think they split?

My opinion doesn't matter in the grand scheme, but I'll tell you what I think anyway.

Most of the articles I've read in the gossip mags say it's because she is 39 and wants to find a guy to start a family with while he is 30 and at the top of his career and not interested in the family thing right now. To me this is a logical reason. There are probably other reasons which, thankfully, have not been reported yet. After all, no one is perfect and everyone has skeletons in their closets.

What it comes down to is that relationships are hard enough as it is and if you're not on the same page from the get go, then you're better off not dating or splitting amicably then winding up getting into an even messier split/divorce (see Guy Ritchie/Madonna for another example.)

I don't know if you female readers will agree or disagree, but John Mayer looks kind of skanky to me. I think Jennifer Aniston can do better than him. Much better.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

At 19 August, 2008 06:01, Blogger American Guy said...

i have no idea who he is, but he's way cuter then she is.

He can do better.

 
At 19 August, 2008 15:16, Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

I've never found Mayer attractive but I am a big fan of his music-he does a nice cover of tom petty's "freefalling" ...I heard Pitt left Jen because he wanted to have a huge family and she didnt-she wanted to focus on her laughable movie career-I didn't know she was 39 she looks great for her age...

 
At 19 August, 2008 17:10, Blogger Tim said...

ag: he's a singer. you probably can find some of his cd's in music stores, even in Melbourne.

pris: his music is ok.

yeah she does look great for her age. I hope I look as good when I'm 39. Oh, wait a minute... I am 39. [hate it when that happens!]

Aniston has been in some good movies.

 
At 19 August, 2008 17:17, Blogger American Guy said...

yes, i suppose i could...

And what do you mean even in melbourne? don't you go disrespecting my adopted home town - especially when the hometown you and i grew up in is such a cultural wasteland. I'm not talking about boston, but the bedroom community with no soul.

 
At 19 August, 2008 17:31, Blogger Tim said...

ag: relax, skippy there's no disrespect for your adopted-home city, a place I've never been.

Simply stated, even though he is an American, with the international popularity of music stars and the internet, etc. You can probably easily acquire his music anywhere in the industrialized world.

I know which town we grew up in.

I would hardly characterize it as a cultural wasteland. It's no worse than other places in the US and there are definitely worse towns to be raised in than this...

 
At 19 August, 2008 17:55, Blogger American Guy said...

"I would hardly characterize it as a cultural wasteland. It's no worse than other places in the US"

Again, not exctly setting the bar too high, are ya?

You've been to europe - you know that with few exceptions, the best that amerika has to offer pales in comparrison with what much of the rest of the world can.

And if any more proof was needed that amerikan 'culture' is a joke, i have just two words for you:

jennifer aniston

 
At 19 August, 2008 18:29, Blogger Tim said...

it's all a matter of perspective actually. Some places may offer more, others not. Depends on what you like to do or not do.

There are many places I've not had the opportunity to go to yet, so I can't compare them.

My European exposure consists of the Frankfurt, Germany airport, about six hours of sightseeing in Vienna and two months of living in Budapest, Hungary. At that time (early 1990's) Budapest suffered from the run down-ness of a city oppressed by 50 years of Russian Communist governments.

Now if you're talking history, of course the US has barely a blip of it in comparison to Europe, which in turn pales in comparison to some places in the middle east, like Israel for example. When I was there in 1996, Jerusalem was celebrating it's 3,000th anniversary since King David proclaimed it his capital city. Though parts of the city are much older than that.

BTW, Jennifer Aniston has more talent in her left index finger than you (or I) will ever have.

 
At 19 August, 2008 20:02, Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

Well the only thing I enjoyed her in was of course "Friends" and there was this one great movie, I can't remember the name of it just now, but she and her boyfriend are scam artists and they bamboozle (lol thats a funny word I've been dying to use) Clive Owen into giving her his life savings, she was great in that one, oh yeah and I dug her in Office Space too...but she can't carry a movie on her own, she's more of a supporting actress.

Mayer has been dabbling in jazz and is actually pretty damn good. I can see why dudes don't dig his pop music, but this alter musical ego might appeal to you.

 
At 19 August, 2008 22:33, Blogger Tim said...

pris: she was excellent in the tv series Friends and the movie you're thinking about is Derailed.

I think she could carry a movie on her own. Because she's always had other good actors around her in the things she's been in I think you all don't give her enough credit for her acting and I don't quite understand why.

She definitely is a better actress now then in 1994 when Friends debuted. She did win an Emmy award and a Golden Globe award.... and they don't give such awards to talentless hacks.

 
At 19 August, 2008 23:24, Blogger pmesquivel333@yahoo.com said...

Hmmm I think your love for her has clouded you critical judgement;) if she had the acting chops to open a movie a studio would have given her a three picture deal and they'd be cashing in on her...

 
At 20 August, 2008 01:53, Blogger American Guy said...

"I think you all don't give her enough credit for her acting and I don't quite understand why."

Hmmm... maybe because she's a talentless hack!

What this says about your left index finger, i don't know...

 
At 21 August, 2008 15:09, Blogger Kayla said...

Hey Green!
John Mayer is very cute and sexy, but his reputation as a love 'em and leave 'em dude makes him a nasty skank.
I've also read he has a huge appendage... ;-)
THAT will make a girl stay in a below par relationship for a while

 
At 21 August, 2008 16:51, Blogger Tim said...

pris:

I disagree. If you look at her profile on imdb.com, she's got two movies coming out this year, two in post production and two announced roles for potential 2009 release.

ag: so you're saying they now gove emmy's and golden globe awards to talentless hacks?

mayne you and I ought to go get one.

my left index finger can't act at all.... on the other hand my right index finger has a future in show business.... lol

kayla.... how you doin?

now where exactly did you read about (the size of) Mayer's "appendage?" hmmmm???

 
At 22 August, 2008 06:23, Blogger American Guy said...

"ag: so you're saying they now gove emmy's and golden globe awards to talentless hacks?"

in a word... yes.

Award shows hardly signify how good someone is. I mean, hillary clinton won a grammy...

 
At 22 August, 2008 12:06, Blogger ~AprilD said...

Now... these are two people who go through romance partners like tissues. I don't think either one will ever find someone to settle down with (again for aniston).

I definitely LOVES me some John Mayer. Remember my list? Yeah... he was on my list.

 
At 23 August, 2008 09:16, Blogger JLee said...

I have a feeling he's a cheater. I like him in general, but he sucks at relationships!

 
At 23 August, 2008 09:18, Blogger JLee said...

ps
I heard the same thing that Kayla said! lol

 
At 25 August, 2008 19:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mayer has a big one?

I heard his guitar wasn't THAT big...although he can strum it purdy good when he does those bluesy tunes.

Ask BB King, he'll tell ya mayer is no hack.

Oh thats right Jenny is the hack. sorry so late on this comment...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home