"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States.

Has a nice ring to it, does it not?

Now I can take the bumper sticker off of my car that promotes today as King George's last day. But that will have to wait until tomorrow because the Jag is in the shop, as the saying goes.

----

I think that Inauguration Day should be made into a National holiday, where businesses and government offices must close. I would have liked to watch today's festivities live, but instead had to settle for a clandestine, choppy Internet feed on my work computer. I'm going to find the video on-line again and watch the swearing in and inauguration speech again - uninterrupted.

I would have loved to have been there freezing my butt off standing on the Capitol Mall listening to everything going on - and enjoying the celebration.

However, now we must take care of some unfinished business!

In honor of Sir Deer-in-the-Headlights, his not-so majesty King George, leaving office at noon today, I'd like to present him with a choice of his very own Presidential seal:

Choice #1





OR

Choice #2





What do you think? They're both real nice but personally, I like #2 best!

Now let's leave the real Presidential Seal to a man who was not controversially elected by Hanging Chads, Supreme Court votes or Ohio recounts. To a man who I believe, some 25 years from now, history will judge as one of our best Presidents.



Did you notice that indeed Obama said "So Help Me God." at the end of his taking of the oath of office? I sure did.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 21 January, 2009 05:23, Blogger DaBich said...

You know, I'm GLAD he said So help me God.

Just because.

God Bless America and Barack Obama.

 
At 21 January, 2009 13:58, Blogger Stephanie Faris said...

I hope so. We're putting a lot of faith in President Obama to save us. I'm not sure one man can work those kind of miracles.

 
At 21 January, 2009 15:38, Blogger American Guy said...

yeah yeah, we get your point - he's a believer.

MORE importantly, he gave a shout out to those of us who don't practice mythology. Now THAT was historic!

 
At 21 January, 2009 15:54, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

The important thing is he will probably be free of major scandals.

 
At 21 January, 2009 20:53, Blogger Tim said...

db: me too.

Stephanie: No, he's not a miracle worker, and I think he'd be the first to tell you that. Certainly he can be no worse than the previous administration.

AG: Yes, I noticed when I re-read thetext of the speech that he gave a shout out to your ilk.

EARTH TO AG!!: Christians aren't in the business of practising mythology.

scribe: you're probably right.

 
At 21 January, 2009 23:54, Blogger American Guy said...

so now you claim to speak for the whole earth? Isn't hubris one of them deadly sins i hear about?

and here's a question for you incidentally: Without speaking of xianity specifically, what is the difference between mythology and religion. Don't say that religion is 'true', because you obviously believe that most of them aren't true. Don't say that people believe in religion, because people believed in the stories that we now call myths.

Do you believe that all other religions except yours are mythology? Can you at least accept that those who follow a different god may feel the same way about yours? And that some of us think you're ALL nuts?

So what exactly is the difference?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home