"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, March 28, 2009

SNMR 6.11: "National Treasure"

Tonight's SNMR feature is "National Treasure" (2004, PG, 131 minutes), starring Nicholas Cage, Diane Kruger, Justin Bartha, Sean Bean, Jon Voight, Harvey Keitel and Christopher Plummer. The film was directed by John Turteltaub.

PLOT SUMMARY: Benjamin Franklin Gates (Cage) is the latest in a long line of treasure hunters, looking for a tremendous treasure that has been hidden since before the American Revolution and guarded by many puzzling clues. Now on the trail of the treasure, Ben must steal the Declaration of Independence in order to see the next clue. Ben's one time benefactor, Ian (Bean) is now his rival and will do anything to get to the treasure first. In order to do it he has to fool the Director of the National Archives, Abigail Chase (Kruger) and outwit the FBI who is hot on his tail.

MY OPINION: For some reason, this is a film that I always wanted to see but never did until recently. Thought about buying the DVD but the stores I went to only seemed to have the full screen edition and never the wide screen edition. All I can say is wow! I knew that this movie would be good but I wasn't prepared for such a fast paced and amusing tale. Also, I've traditionally been a bit iffy on the talents of Nicholas Cage. This film goes a long way to erasing those concerns. Sean Bean is an excellentactor and makes for a great bad guy that you almost want to root for.

The script is smartly written and the story sucks you right in. The action is constant and the movie has a good flow to it. Sure it's a bit hokey but that's okay. I'm eventually going to buy this DVD (the wide screen two-disc special edition), because this film is worthy enough to merit repeat viewings. I liked this movie and I think you will too.

***** out of *****

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 30 March, 2009 19:26, Blogger scribe said...

You should've stopped at "the story sucks." This was a terrible, terrible piece of garbage. Ironically, I loved the sequel though.

 
At 30 March, 2009 21:01, Blogger Tim said...

You can tell me next week why you think the sequel was better, because that's going to be next week's movie.

 
At 01 April, 2009 07:56, Blogger Blanche said...

Yup I liked the sequel better too!

 
At 01 April, 2009 15:40, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

HA!!!

 
At 02 April, 2009 05:16, Blogger DaBich said...

I loved the sequel, but I also loved this one too :)

 
At 04 April, 2009 11:58, Blogger ~AprilD said...

Mikey and I think these movies were pretty neat. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home