"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day



Today I made it a point to take my kids to church. We try to go every week but haven't been lately, mainly because I have been lazy. It is easy to find reasons not to go if you have missed a few weeks in a row. Even though they do not like going to church sometimes, I tell them that it is necessary. Two hours once a week will not hurt them. When I was their age I did not like going to church either. But my parents went and made me go with them. Now, being a parent, I can understand why they made me go. I use same reasons for my kids that my parents used on me. Funny how that works.
If you are not a religious person then you will not understand the need for going to church. You may even think it is a waste of time. I won't now go into why I believe the way I do - maybe another time.

Anyway, today was Father's Day here in the USA. My kids got me some small presents. My daughter gave me a small teddy bear with "#1 Dad" written on it. Plus she gave me a pad of paper with a felt cover that she made in school. She made a baseball and bat out of felt and glued it to the larger piece, then glued that to the back of the notebook to make the cover. My son gave me a t-shirt that advertises the Red Sox 2004 World Series Championship on it. Very nice. My kids know what I like and they are very excited to give me presents.
They have told me that they have already bought a present for my birthday, which is this week. I can't wait to see what they got for me. Though presents are nice, I appreciate more the sincerity and enthusiasm with which they give these things to me.

Happy Father's Day to all of you dads out there - wherever you may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home