"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, June 24, 2005

Wildlife at work



I have not entered a post these last few days because I have worked almot 10 extra hours this week and have been too lazy to write anything.

My work is located in a very wooded area, near a pond or reservoir of some kind. It is not unusual to see a deer or three at the edge of the woods. Last fall there were seven wild turkeys hanging around outside the building. Anyway, I digress. The building has many windows in the halls surrounding the clean rooms. These windows are mirrored if you are looking at them from the outside. Yesterday I saw a very large wild turkey checking itself out in one of the mirrored windows close to where the break room is. So I went outside the break room door where we have a picnic table. I wanted to try and get a good picture of the turkey but he was too far away, so I tried to move closer. The turkey sensed I was getting near and went around the corner of the building. So I did the same thing. As I turned the corner I saw the turkey open its wings and fly about 150 yards to the edge of the woods, away from dangerous old me. I had never seen a turkey fly until today. I didn't think turkeys could fly. I thought they were flightless birds. Perhaps they are too big to fly great distances. This turkey's wingspan must have been 10 feet from tip to tip. It really was an experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home