"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, July 16, 2005

A bigger fish



Yesterday my daughter took a large step in her quest to become a bigger fish than she already is. As I may have mentioned before, my kids love to swim and I have a nice pool here at my apartment. I met the ex at Home Depot early Friday afternoon so she could complete her errands and so I could take the kids early for the weekend. Since it was hot yesterday and today we spent alot of time poolside.

Since swimming season began I have been encouraging my daughter to voluntarily dunk her head under water. Up until yesterday, she told me she was not ready. But when she finally was and followed my instructions, she discovered that it is fun to be underwater. For her birthday in May I got her some swim goggles that also cover the nose so that she can open her eyes underwater and not have to hold her fingers on the nose. She used these for the first time on Friday also. She is now tall enough to stand flat foot in the 3 feet deep section and has begun to swim without the aid of a floatation device. This is good but it makes me nervous, since I'm not sure of her ability to tread water if she should venture out over her head. For now, my son is content to use his floatation device so he can swim around freely. His time for dunking will come.

Today we spent a few more hours at the pool and my daughter continued to practice swimming and dunking her head. She is doing remarkably well at it and I've no doubt that by the end of the season she will be an adequate swimmer for her age. Though in the afternoon I needed to do some errands while the pool was closed for an hour. Afterwards I did not feel up to a return to the pool, so we did some chores inside.

In other news, I asked the woman to keep her promise and return to me the money that I sent her. I don't expect that she will but since she offered to on many occasions I am now taking her up on the offer. I will keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home