"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Lying doesn't pay

So I finally talked to "the woman" today, though she claimed that she was someone else who was using her Yahoo IM account. This is what she told me while posing as someone else: She said that Darya ("the woman") did not come on the flight and day that she told me she was going to because she got mugged at the airport and all of my money - the money that I sent her - was stolen during the mugging. She said that Darya was in the hospital as a result of a severe head injury from the mugging and that she needed a special medicine which would cost $400. She said that if I cared for her then I could send it ASAP by Western Union.

Then she put her "papa" on IM so he could talk to me. I asked his name and he said it was Petr. I didn't believe this because in an earlier conversation she told me that her birth father had died and that her "papa" or stepfather, was named Andrey. In the earlier conversation she told me that her mother and stepfather were divorced because her mother ran away with another man and she didn't speak to her much. Further she told me that Andrey didn't speak or write English, yet I was having a "conversation" with this person in a language he didn't speak? Sure. She's full of crap.


HOW CAN YOU trust someone who lies so artfully? In he whole time that I talked to her she always sounded truthful and sincere. Maybe I am too naive. Maybe I always give people the benefit of the doubt even when they take advantage of my naviete'.

Well you learn some things the hard way in life. For me, this is one of them. Hard and expensive lessons are never fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home