"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, July 22, 2005

Week in Review Jul 17-22, 2005



I hadn't realized it has been so long since I posted to the blog. But that's okay because not much of anything exciting happened this week.

Sunday my family joined me at church in the morning and we went out to lunch afterwards. We went to a retro 50's style restaurant. The food was good. I had some steak tips and a baked potato with lots of sour cream. Later I drove my kids back to their mom's house.

I went to work every day this week, except for Thursday when my car wouldn't start at 7:15 AM. I called AAA right away but since I was not stuck in traffic or on the highway I was not on the top of the priority list. So they didn't arrive until a little after 10:30. Once they left I was not in the mood for work, so I put in for the day as a vacation day. I went to check my mailbox and found that my order from Amazon.com had arrived. This was cool. I bought the Back to the Future Trilogy on DVD. Can you believe that the original movie is 20 years old this year??? Definitely a great blast from the past.

The other days were typical work days. I worked late on Wednesday for a few hours, which was good. Friday was a half day and I spent it changing the cavity in one of the molds in preparation for running the fifties next week. That was fun.

The only other interesting thing that happened this week was on Tuesday afternoon. I left a half hour early from work to drive to Lowell. You see, my mom runs a senior citizen program for the Salvation Army and every year she takes her seniors out to a Lowell Spinners game. The Lowell Spinners are a low level minor league affiliate of the Boston Red Sox and they play at a beautiful 9 year old stadium in downtown Lowell. The Spinners won the game 7-6 vs. the Batavia (NY) Muckdogs. What made this a great night was the Gator Pit. The Keyspan Gator Pit. (Gotta have that corporate sponsorship). For $24 you get an all you can eat dinner two hours before the game. We're talking grilled steak tips, chicken wings, kielbasa. Corn on the cob, four different kinds of salads and all the soda you want. All you can eat. And you get to stay for the game also. Quite a deal these days.

The kids had doctors appointments today, physicals for school in the fall. So I met the x-wife there and took the kids for the weekend afterwards. Today was a nice hot day, so we went swimming for a few hours in the afternoon. The water was very nice and refreshing, until the breeze started to blow and the air temperature fell a few degrees - just enough to make the water seem cold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home