"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, October 10, 2005

Depressing things to do



Now I recall why I hate autumn so much. It's not so much the falling leaves, though that's part of it certainly. This whole weekend has been cold and rainy. Typical autumn weather here in New England and a preview of the weather that lies ahead - though it will get worse before it gets better. I am not a fan of cold weather. Before you start wondering, I'm here in this part of the country by default, a native New Englander by birth, though I've never lived in the state I was born in. I'd move down south a bit if I had my druthers.

Now that the kids are back home for another week I can try and get some stuff done.

I've been putting off the task of putting away my collction of summer apparel: shorts, t-shirts, swim trunks, etc. since the beginning of October. Just another reminder of another summer come and gone. But it must be done - tonight. I also need to get rid of a pile of t-shirts that I know I've had for over 10 years, just to make room for who knows what else.

Last week I brought out the big comforter for my bed that I bought last year when I moved into this apartment. I think it's time to put away the fans and unplug the air conditioner while I'm at it.

Tonight I seriously need to turn off the television and this computer thing and concentrate on trying to dismantle the pile of paperwork that has clumped on my desk and all over my kitchen table. I also need to start reading.

With that said and the aforementioned chores to try and get through, I'll end this mini rant (for now)!

8 Comments:

At 11 October, 2005 00:36, Blogger American Guy said...

but down here on the seemy unbelly of the planet, i just brought out all my shorts and t shirts

 
At 11 October, 2005 12:12, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I'm with constant! let that guard down!

 
At 11 October, 2005 12:37, Blogger J said...

well, i lived in the south for six years; three of them in NC (a bizarre experience for yours truly) and three years in Miami, an even more bizarre experience. my point is that i actually prefer the north even though it can be gruesomely cold b/c it makes me appreciate the summers more. though, i'm not sure i appreciated this past summer in NYC since i felt like i was constantly roasting my ass off in the urban brick oven. but i digress...

now you can indulge yourself in nice turtleneck sweaters and watch the leaves change colors and all that good new england stuff.

by the way, if you're looking for a good read, i highly recommend The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver.

 
At 11 October, 2005 22:46, Blogger Tim said...

Sweaters I have in abundance - but no turtlenecks (not my style & too scratchy).

I don't actually care for watching leaves change color. If you've seen one dead leaf, you've seen 'em all.

I'd rather watch the nice green leaves of summer waving in the breeze while I'm swimming in the pool cooling myself off from the heat.

I've got sooooo many books on my reading list you wouldn't believe. But I'll keep that one in mind. :0>

 
At 11 October, 2005 22:47, Blogger Tim said...

guard? what guard? I don't have any guard!!

 
At 12 October, 2005 22:37, Blogger Tim said...

I have one of those school paper monsters here too.

Mostly my stacks are unsorted bills and junk mail that I need to read more closely before throwing away. Also some magazines buried in there somewhere also...

Perhaps you and I should switch locations. You move to New Hampshire and I'll move to Texas.

I prefer the heat.

 
At 13 October, 2005 11:10, Blogger American Guy said...

Oh how cynical, not to love the changing leaves. When I lived in the mountains in Vermont, it wasn't just beautiful, it was breathtaking.

That's one of the few things in america i truly miss.

 
At 13 October, 2005 18:46, Blogger Tim said...

Like I said, if you've seen one dead leaf you've seen them all.

Autumn depresses me because it means that winter (my least favorite season) is right around the corner. The days get shorter & colder.

Though I like it a little better when I don't have to rake any of the leaves.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home