"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, October 14, 2005

Organizing the DVD's & videos



Do we ever stop to think about how much stuff we own? Here in the United States we take the luxury items for granted. I know I do.

This hit home for me today as I was putting my DVD's in alphabetical order by title. It never really hit me how large my collection has become, even though I pass the shelves that they are on many times every day. It also never really hit me how much I need a better shelving system for them.

I have a spreadsheet on my computer that I made up for my movie collection, both for DVD's and VHS tapes. It not only shows the title of the movie but also the year, rating, length, director and the top four actors. It's a long list and I can sort it any way I like. The scary part is that I still haven't added many of the VHS tapes I own. These are the ones that I haven't bought the DVD for yet but still want in my collection. As I slowly convert the collection from VHS to DVD, I offer my VHS tapes up for sale on ebay. (Self Promotion! ---> Look me up & check out the items I'm selling! My user name there is john14124) .

I mention all this to ask the questions: What kind of stuff do you collect & why? What got you started collecting whatever it is and do you still enjoy it?

2 Comments:

At 16 October, 2005 07:44, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hi, I collect music cds and lps(vintage & modern) well, not too modern since vinyl is pretty much over. I really should convert my vinyl into cds. Of course this could be pretty expensive being that my record collection is about 2000 strong. I guess I need to think in terms of mp3s, who knows...Yes, I'm a music lover.

Thanks for linking me! I'll be visiting often.

 
At 16 October, 2005 18:21, Blogger Tim said...

I have a small cd collection, but haven't really added to it much in recent years. I used to have over 100 cassette tapes, but got rid of most of them.

I'm also a book hound as you will know by reading my recent posts. I just can't resist buying books so as a result have accumulated quite a collection. As a result, my reading list is always long.

After my separation & divorce I got into vintage video games, classic Atari 2600 & Nintendo.

I used to be an avid baseball card & autograph collector too, but have lost interest in it in the last 10 years or so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home