"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

How to make Green's Kick Butt Roast Beef Sandwiches



While commenting on constant rain's blog about cheese, I mentioned my special sauce that I put on my roast beef sandwiches. She asked me what the sauce was. Instead of just writing the ingredients I wrote a blow by blow description of how I make the whole sandwich.

Then I thought that it would be a good topic for today's post, since I want to make y'all just like me (hungry)...


How to make Green's kick butt roast beef sandwiches:


1/2 lb of roast beef and 1/3 lb of cheese makes 3-4 sandwiches. For best results the roast beef should be red and juicy (freshly sliced at the deli)

sauce:

I just mix mayonnaise, Gulden's mustard and some type of specialty mustard, like dijon or honey mustard or horse radish mustard - depending on what mood I'm in.

On both pieces of the bulkie roll, put mayo on first, then guldens mustard about the same amount of each. Be generous and don't skimp. Then put the specialty mustard on one side only, unless you really want a kick.

Then I slice some onion for each side. Then alternate roast beef and swiss cheese. Usually three slices of roast beef and two slices of swiss cheese works well.

Regular bread is not a good idea because all of that sauce makes the bread too soggy too quickly (eeeewwwwwww). However, flat bread (to make a roll up) works well as a change of pace from the bulkie roll.

Sometimes I'll use provolone cheese instead of the standard swiss. Cheddar cheese is good also.

But.....

It's all about the sauce, baby!!!

Try it and tell me what you think.

I'm getting hungry already....

3 Comments:

At 13 October, 2005 15:43, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

LOL

I can't believe you posted this as a blog and a comment on constant's blog!!!

 
At 13 October, 2005 18:30, Blogger Tim said...

Why not?

Since I spent the effort typing the comment I didn't want it to go to waste.

 
At 13 October, 2005 22:30, Blogger Tim said...

I told you it was good.

Now every time you eat a roast beef sandwich you can think about me!! Wooo Hooo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home