"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Friday, November 18, 2005

Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed he
was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For
each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in
the sand; one belonged to him, and the other to
the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before
him, he looked back at the footprints in the
sand. He noticed that many times along the
path of his life there was only one set of foot-
prints. He also noticed that it happened at the
very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the
LORD about it. “LORD, you said that once I
decided to follow you, you’d walk with me all
the way. But I have noticed that during the
most troublesome times in my life, there is only
one set of footprints. I don’t understand why
when I needed you most you would leave me.”

The LORD replied, “My precious , precious
child, I love you and would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering, when
you see only one set of footprints, it was then
that I carried you.”

Author Unknown

This has ALWAYS been one of my favorite poems. If you are a person of faith, you will find this to be so true.

11 Comments:

At 19 November, 2005 00:10, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

A favorite of mine as well. So beautiful and true. I still get goose bumps everytime I read it.

 
At 19 November, 2005 10:09, Blogger Deb said...

I have this poem framed. This poem is so significant. It shows us that we really aren't alone when we suffer through circumstances in our lives. It's comforting to read it, and I'm so glad you posted it.

Thanks!

 
At 19 November, 2005 14:11, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I think "Footprints" is required by law to be placed on every old lady's wall.

 
At 19 November, 2005 16:53, Blogger Tim said...

zepplin & ~deb: It is very comforting, indeed, which is why I like it so much. Every once in awhile it helps to remind us that God will never leave us, no matter what.

scribe: This poem probably graces the walls of many Christians, old lady or not. I have a poser of it but have not been able to find a large enough frame to put it in.

 
At 20 November, 2005 16:01, Blogger Genna said...

Hi Green,

I love this poem. It is very important that we remember that we are never alone.... especially when we are struggling. Often it is apparent when things are going great, but it is in the midst of the challenge that we begin to wonder, "Am I going through this alone?" This helps solidify your faith. And although we might feel alone, he responds in one way or another. :0> Great post.

 
At 20 November, 2005 16:11, Blogger DaBich said...

Amen! I love Footprints.

 
At 21 November, 2005 08:56, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I have dirty limmericks on my walls.

 
At 21 November, 2005 10:57, Blogger DaBich said...

Scribe dahling, that's what we expect from a pervert like you :)
But that's ok, we love you just the way you are.

 
At 21 November, 2005 17:35, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

There once was a fella named "God"
Whose genitals were really quite odd
He had one guy's and one gals
With which he amused all his pals
Who bowed down to his all-powerful wad.



That one brings me great comfort in times of strife~

 
At 21 November, 2005 18:11, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

I've got footprints on my wall, too!!! I told that chick to wash ehr feet before we got down to business!!!

 
At 22 November, 2005 05:27, Blogger DaBich said...

LOL Constant he doesn't NEED encouragement, it comes naturally!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home