"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday visit to the parent's house



Today my kids and I went down to my parent's house for the day, since most of my family has not seen me in the last three weeks. We had a nice visit, even though they were busy. They use their weekends to do all of the stuff that they have no time to do during the week.

There was another reason why we went there today as well. My dad and I like to go here. My kids have gone with us the past two times and were looking forward to going again today. The next time we will be able to go is on April 1, 2006. So I've stocked up on a few more bits of reading material to last through the winter. I did pretty good budget wise. I had a list of several items that I wanted to check out. Most of these items I put aside for a future date and some I didn't even look at for fear of temptation to spend more than I really should.

The only thing I wavered on amounted to just under half of the total I spent. I found a really cool four volume Bible, which is in English, Hebrew and Greek, with the text side-by-side. I also found the exact same thing in one large volume, with smaller print and for half the price. I ended up buying the four volume set, since the one volume edition was rather large and unwieldy. I can't read Hebrew or Greek now, but would love to learn someday. In any case, each language looks neat on paper.

Once we got back to my apartment, I gave my kids dinner and we settled in to watch a movie. Tonight is my daughter's choice, as is every Saturday night, and she chose Cinderella. When the movie is over, I'll read to them another chapeter in a storybook on dragons that we've been trying to get through.

Then they'll go to bed and I'll watch something for me, or maybe read a book, since I have some new choices....

So what did I do tonight? I flipped between the NC State vs. BC football game on ESPN2 (BC won 30-10) and Police Academy on one of the pay movie channels.

I'd forgotten just how funny the original Police Academy is. Several times I found myself laughing hysterically & other times I rolled my eyes at how dumb (but still funny) some of the jokes were. Police Academy 2 & 3 were ok, but after that the series just became flat out stupid.

2 Comments:

At 13 November, 2005 03:05, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Hi,
glad to hear your visit went well.

Police Academy was always funny to me. "silly fun" :)

One of my favorite quotes to use from P/A is: "Today Hooks!!" lol Whenever someone's foot draggin' and lolli-gaggin', that's the first thing I say to them...

 
At 13 November, 2005 20:34, Blogger DaBich said...

Now, that's my idea of a Saturday well spent!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home