"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, November 07, 2005

Here we go again



So today I go back to the hospital for my second kidney stone surgery, scheduled for the same time in the same hospital with the same doc performing the surgery. The same instructions I was given last week apply this week with the only exception being that I'm allowed to drink water or apple juice as late as 10:00 AM this morning. I'll wager I could have done that last week as well, but I was never told it was ok.

If you will recall, last week I went in for the initial surgery but it was not completed. The doc discovered that the passageway between my kidney and bladder was very narrow, and he couldn't easily fit his camera or laser up there witout doing damage to my insides. So he inserted a small stent, which this week has been working to widen that passageway. Now it should be possible (I dearly hope) for the doc to blast the stone into small enough bits that I can pass it out and be done with this whole thing.

See you all on the other side with details of how it went.....

4 Comments:

At 07 November, 2005 09:37, Blogger K~ said...

Take care Green I hope they are able to do everything they need to this time.
Just hang on to those pain killers you'll probably need them after the fact too.
Good luck and I hope it all works out this time.

 
At 07 November, 2005 17:59, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

I didn't get to wish you well with your follow-up surgery procedure;although I did think about you today.

I do hope that everything works out for you this time. You've endured this painful ordeal long enough...it's time for it to be over so you can get on with your normal life and activities.

Good luck today, my friend and be well...>:D<

 
At 07 November, 2005 19:43, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Good luck, grouchy.

 
At 08 November, 2005 05:20, Blogger DaBich said...

Here's hoping all went well, and that you'll be pain free soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home