"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas plans and a note to #18.

Most people I know, here in real life and in the blogosphere have grand plans for Christmas. Being with family and away from their computers.

Not me. Not entirely.

My kids and I will be at my parents house for Christmas dinner, after going to church in the morning and opening some presents before that.

Fortunately, my parents only live about 40 minutes away by car, and they have a computer with internet access. So even though I won't be "home" for part of the day, I should still be within shouting distance of a computer.

Have no fear, my friends. I, green, shall not be far away. And I suspect I'll continue posting throughout the holiday weekend, just in case you get bored with the coal Santa will give you in your stocking, and need something to do. Plus, the internet is my biggest procrastination device.

What would I do without it? (No need to answer that....)

----


I've been hesitant to post about this, or just maybe too depressed about it but I must make mention of Johnny Damon's defection to the Yankees.

Johnny, of all the other teams to sign with, why the Evil Empire? Just because they offered you $12,000,000 more than the Sox were offering? Don't you know that they would have made a counter offer to you IF you had just been patient? Now you know I can't root for you and in fact must root against you. Just like I did for Wade Boggs and Roger Clemens when they crossed the line and signed with Noo Yawk. Instantly they became the enemy and now so are you. Any other team, Johnny and I'd still be in your corner. Not for the next four years, though. Even after all you've done for Boston, don't expect a warm friendly welcome back to Fenway at all in 2006. Nope, don't even expect one. Didn't you say last summer (you did) that you couldn't see yourself ever playing for the Yankees? And that you loved Boston and fell in love with the city? Don't you know you'll just be another player there? That you won't have that legendary status in the Big Apple? Johnny, you were a cult hero in the Hub, in case you missed it. Is the loss of your beard and long hair plus the gain of $12 million really worth losing all of that?

Apparently so.

Damn Yankees.

11 Comments:

At 23 December, 2005 12:38, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

Green,

Have you rented the Star Wars CLone Wars DVD's yet?

 
At 23 December, 2005 12:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I for one can't wait to see Mr Damon clean shaven, with a nice haircut in pinstripes...

I gotta tell you I was as shocked as you were Green, We might have a kick ass start up, but we should have been looking for some pitchers like JOSH BECKETT you lucky stiff!!!

what I wouldn't do to see HIM in pinstripes !! How much did Boston pay for him ??

 
At 23 December, 2005 17:23, Blogger Tim said...

tink: Thanks. It's the real me. I'm not sure what I look like at those times you mention. Maybe you could ask my significant other - if I had one...

scribe: no I haven't. Should I?

bluez: I can wait to see Johnny in pinstripes. This makes the Yankees better for two reasons. You've solved your CF and leadoff positions and robbed the Red Sox of the same with one stroke of the pen...

Hand me a can so I can yack in it please?

I'm not sure what Josh Beckett's salary is. The Red Sox traded for him, along with Mike Lowell. He was not a free agent.

 
At 23 December, 2005 18:36, Blogger Genna said...

I really have nothing to say about this post... sorry.

But I did want to comment on your "green monster" pic. Very cute.

Hope you have a good time with the kids!

 
At 23 December, 2005 18:38, Blogger lccb81 said...

green...

I have less Christmas plans than you. So there.


:)

Merry christmas!

 
At 24 December, 2005 07:18, Blogger DaBich said...

Merry Christmas Green!
I figured you'd be upset over th Damon deal. Dman Yankees! lol
Oh yeah, DAMN nice pic ;)

 
At 24 December, 2005 10:01, Blogger Tim said...

genna: You mean you don't like sports?

lccb: I didn't realize this was a contest to see who was doing less for the holiday.

dabich: Not so much upset as disappionted and betrayed. Any time a Red Sox player signs with Noo Yawk it's like ripping a small piece of my heart out and stomping it into bits.

It even bothered me a bit (tho not as much) when Pedro signed with the Mets last year. it's still Noo Yawk but at least its the NL.

Glad you like the pic.

 
At 24 December, 2005 11:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us remind ourselves, its only a game Green, its only a game.

I didn't know they made whine in cans!

 
At 24 December, 2005 12:12, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: my whine comes with cheese!!!

 
At 24 December, 2005 18:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!

Hey I saw a pic of him clean shaven, he ain't no big thang!! In fact he looks like a monkey...

 
At 24 December, 2005 19:02, Blogger Tim said...

bluez: He may look like a monkey, but he's the best leadoff hitter in the AL, if not all of baseball. And he's a heck of a good defensive CF too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home