"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, December 19, 2005

Recent rants & observations

I spoke to R, my boss, last Wednesday. I made my suggestions for improvement in some of the paperwork to him and he seemed to take my suggestions well. He confirmed that I am on the owner's shit list. Apparently the only way to get off of it is for someone to step up and piss him off more to change the focus of his annoyance. R also told me that at present, L would not even consider raising my salary - even up to industry standard level. Because I'm not viewed in the best light right now and considering that I'm consistently having to borrow money to make ends meet means that I've started looking for other employment. Too bad really, because I generally like my job.

---

M lost one of his two front teeth last week and the other one is hanging by a nerve. I kept telling him all weekend just to pull it out, but he would not do it. V was all upset about sporting her first real zit. Of course it was right on the front of her nose. I just can't wait until she's a teenager...

---
A few nights ago I pulled into the parking lot next to my building and there was a car in the first space to the left of the door. This car was taking up two spaces. Combined with the snow build up in the lot and that building management did not repaint the lines in the lot as I suggested and that they said they would do got me really annoyed. So much that I scribbled out a note to the owner of the offending vehicle - not so gently telling this person the appropriate use of parking spaces and stuck it under the windshield wiper before I went into my apartment.

---

As I was waiting at a traffic light the other day I could see the people in the car in front of me. The man was driving and the woman was in the passenger seat. They seemed to be arguing about what cd to listen to. Seemed to me that they were handling these cd's improperly, putting their fingerprints all over the shiny, recorded side. Great way to take care of your stuff.

---

I admire a multi-tasker. Last Monday at Tae Kwan Do, one of the parents, a woman who has one kid in the class, was able to entertain her other three kids at the same time. She was calmly talking to one, reading to another and breast-feeding the infant, all while maintaining a level of calm I could never muster.

---

Tonight was my last night to take V and M to their Tae Kwan Do class, and I am so glad. The ex's Spanish class is over and now she'll be there to take them. I enjoy spending time with my kids any chance I get, but doing this was a pain. Ruined any productivity I had hoped to achieve on these Mondays off of mine. Their class is from 5:30 to 6:30 and ex's class was from 5-6:30 but that wasn't the problem. I live in Nashua. Ex lives in Weare, which is about an hour drive away. Ex's Spanish class was at the hospital where she works, which is in Nashua. So I had to leave my place at 2:45 each Monday to get to her house by 3:45 so she could get back to Nashua by 4:45. She gets back to her house around 7:30 and I never got out of there before 7:45 due to speaking with the ex and the kids giving me good bye hugs. That means at the earliest, I get home at 8:45. So not counting actual class time, thats five hours of wasted time traveling and sitting around. I'd have much less problem with it if the ex had decided to buy a house closer to where I am and to where she works.

---

On the way home tonight the radio station I was listening to played these songs, along with a few others: Stayin' Alive (Bee Gees), Manic Monday (Bangles), Come Sail Away (Styx) and Walking on Sunshine (Katrina and the Waves). Their motto is that they'll play anything. I like that. I can't tell you how long it's been since I've heard Stayin' Alive or anything from the Bee Gees for that matter.

---

Well, I suppose that's all for now.

12 Comments:

At 20 December, 2005 05:27, Blogger DaBich said...

Bee Gees! Styx! Damn I love Styx! Good music. I'm glad your Monday nights will be freed up for you. I'm sure you'll have no trouble figuring out just what to do with all that time! lol
Have you really started looking for another job? Any luck?

 
At 20 December, 2005 06:59, Blogger American Guy said...

As is probably true most places, tribute bands are huge here. A while back I met a couple of guys who front a Bee Gees tribute band. They look the part and all. I saw them perform too, and they weren't half bad.

Of course Australia is responsible for releasing the Gibb Brothers on the world...

 
At 20 December, 2005 10:07, Blogger Kristi B. said...

green, hope things start lookin' up for you at your job. The whole note on the incorrectly parked car sounds just like something I would do!! ha ha ha. have a great one!

 
At 20 December, 2005 16:04, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

When I was a wee lad, Walking on Sunshine used to send me into a fury-filled, violent rage that resulted in more than one hole in my walls and broken speakers.





But I'm feeling much better now.

 
At 20 December, 2005 17:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing pisses me off more than someone parking in my assigned spot. I guess because I got so many notes from neighbors when I first moved in about my friends not parking in the visitors spots. One time I got a letter from the condo association because my daughter parked too far over the sidewalk. I wish I had bought a house sometimes. I think I'll put the headphones on tonight and listen to some old tunes. I feel bronchitis coming on. Gawd I'm ranting. Just shoot me. I may take tomorrow off from work just to piss my boss off and fight off this cold. :-)

 
At 20 December, 2005 18:01, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: hearing the bee gees was a real flashback. Styx has always been one of my faves. Saw them in concert in 1996 with Kansas as the opener. Awesome.
I certainly will find better things to do with my Mondays, now.
I've just begun the new job search process. What a pain in the rear end, so we'll see how it goes.

AG: AS you know, there are many tribute bands here. Hearing that song from the Bee Gees was cool.

kristi: That improperly parked car just annoyed me. I try so hard to be considerate and only take up one space.
The current job, well it doesn't look promising economically.

scribe: are you having a bad life? How could you possibly feel rage listening to that one hit wonder Katrina? That's as cheery a song as you'll find.

bluez: Feel better! Apartment/ condo living has it's difficult moments. Not many, but some. I'd love to buy another house, someday.

 
At 20 December, 2005 18:11, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

that song has always pissed me off. It's obnoxious, irritating, stupid and annoying all in one slick package.

 
At 20 December, 2005 18:21, Blogger Tim said...

when you get down to it, scribe, MOST songs are in one way or another "obnoxious, irritating, stupid and annoying".

I've always liked that song.

 
At 20 December, 2005 19:28, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

we have never disagreed more.

 
At 20 December, 2005 20:37, Blogger wmy said...

thats so funny that you actually noticed that those people were mishandling their CD's...Bastards!!! You should have gotten right out of your car and smacked the both of them! LOL

 
At 20 December, 2005 20:54, Blogger Genna said...

Wow!! It sounds like you have been so busy!! Sorry to hear about your job situation. Maybe it is time to look for something BETTER?? Maybe you need to leap into your writing career???

 
At 20 December, 2005 22:50, Blogger Tim said...

wmy: knowing my luck the light would have changed the moment I got out of my car. Plus the light I was at was the turn lane to get on the highway. Not a smart place to get out of the car.

genna: I'm definitely going to get into that more. The problem is I need to be able to make ends meet until the writing career becomes more - solid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home