"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, January 02, 2006

Food for thought

I've found today.
I've shut the door on Yesterday,
Its sorrows and mistakes;
I've locked within its gloomy walls
Past failures and heartaches.
And now I throw the key away
To seek another room,
And furnish it with hope and smiles
And every springtime bloom.

No thought shall enter this abode
That has a hint of pain,
And worry, malice and distrust
Shall never therein reign.
I've shut the door on Yesterday
And thrown the key away-
The Future holds no doubt for me,
Since I have found today.
-Author Unknown

A small trouble is like a pebble. Hold it too close to your eye and it fills the whole world and pulls everything out of focus. Hold it at a proper distance and it can be examined and properly classified. Throw it at your feet and it can be seen in its true setting, just one more tiny bump on the pathway to life. -Celia Luce

Yes, risk taking is inherently failure-prone. Otherwise, it would be called sure-thing-taking. -Tim McMahon

Troubles are tools by which God fashions us for better things.
-Henry Ward Beecher

1 To man belong the plans of the heart,
but from the LORD comes the reply of the tongue.
2 All a man's ways seem innocent to him,
but motives are weighed by the LORD.
3 Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
and your plans will succeed.
4 The LORD works out everything for his own ends—
even the wicked for a day of disaster.
-Proverbs 16:1-4 NIV

4 Comments:

At 03 January, 2006 10:15, Blogger Stephanie said...

I LOVE the quote by Celia Luce: so true!

I myself have trouble with that: I ALWAYS hold the pebble up to my eye... I guess that's what I get for being a drama queen, right? lol It's something I'm working on...

So Green: how do you generally look at that pebble?

 
At 03 January, 2006 11:34, Blogger Tim said...

stephanie:

That is a good question. I think I am very laid back. That being the case I generally hold that pebble as close as I need to examine it and classify it. Then I'll probably examine it a few more times to make sure I didn't miss anything. Some things like that I'm very neurotic about, I think.
Too much analysis, not enough action.

 
At 03 January, 2006 11:57, Blogger Stephanie said...

"Too much analysis, not enough action."

Couldn't have said it better myself. I hear you, friend. I hear you loud and clear.

 
At 03 January, 2006 14:24, Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing exists but right now. What we are searching for can be found nowhere else but right now.

Beautiful sentiments, Greeny. Thank you!

I'm adding you to my blogroll. Very beautiful blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home