"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas unwrapped

So Christmas is done for another year. Thankfully.

I do enjoy the holiday but there is just so much stress involved, as I'm sure you can relate. So that is why I tried to be serious in the posts leading up to and on Christmas. It was a good way for me to keep focused on the things at hand.

On Christmas morning, my kids woke up sometime after 6 AM but didn't get me up until 7:15. After tearing thru the meager presents I had for them, we had breakfast and prepared to go to church. Christmas doesn't often fall on a Sunday. In my likely remaining lifetime, Christmas will fall on a Sunday six more times: in 2011, 2016, 2022, 2033, 2039 and 2044. If I'm lucky I might be able to add three more in 2050, 2061 and 2067, when I'll be 98. Heck, my grandfather is 96 at present and still going strong (relatively speaking) for a nanogenerian. My grandmother died at 94 in 2001. My other grandmother is 88. So I have a chance based on heredity.

Anyway, my pastor just recently returned from leading a group to Israel and was the inspiration behind yesterday's post about Bethlehem. Don't miss it.

We drove to my parent's house and exchanged more gifts with the fam and had a wonderful turkey dinner with all of the fixins. I'm all over that tryptophan...

We met my ex at our usual meeting spot at 5 PM and then I went home and watched football while I wrote.

V spent the afternoon today with one of her friends from the old neighborhood, while M and I hung out at my apartment. My ex dropped them off so that she could go and babysit for her niece without distraction.

It rained all day today, sometimes really hard - which was good. That means it was too warm for snow. Unusual for central New England this time of the year to be this warm. No wonder why I have a cold right now...

3 Comments:

At 27 December, 2005 20:48, Blogger Deb said...

Well, it sounds like you had an okay holiday--right? Sorry that you got a cold. I have to admit, I was kind of glad it rained instead of snowed on Christmas. I live on a mountain that's like a mile high, and it's a fricken cyclone getting off the hill---even with 4x4.

Hope you're doing well. I nearly had a nervous breakdown Christmas evening--I swear! I think everyone's feeling the stressors of the holidays.

Have a drink with me! hehe!

~From your alcoholic friend~

 
At 27 December, 2005 21:11, Blogger Tim said...

I did have a good Christmas, actually. Relatively quiet, but good. I'll deal with the cold. I am super glad that it didn't snow as well. I despise everything to do with cold weather. Now that Christmas is over - bring on Spring!!!

I just might have that drink, as long as you can make it a frozen mudslide. My favorite alcoholic chocolate milkshake. I'm not fond of the taste of alcohol so that's about the only drink I know that hides it well if mixed properly.

Glad to hear you didn't go into full meltdown over the holiday, ~deb. Stress related holiday breakdowns are never fun.

;>)

 
At 27 December, 2005 21:42, Blogger Genna said...

OOh. I love the rain. It makes the flowers grow and cleans the earth.

:) I am a nut.

Glad you had a good Christmas! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home