"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Starting the process all over again

My half-birthday always falls on Christmas. So now I'm officially closer to 37 than I am to 36. Yippee!! But that's cool because I'd rather be older than younger. My daughter's favorite stuffed animal is a teddy bear that I gave her when she was six months old. I gave it to her then because I got it when I was six months old (Christmas 1969 for the mathematically challenged) and I liked the symmetry in that. Yes- the teddy bear, which V calls "Special Bear" is now 36. And in pretty fine shape for a toy of that age.

---

In early 2004, when I was separated, almost divorced, living at my parent's house and basically unemployed (working under the table for my brother doesn't count) I spent a good deal of money to hire a company to rework my resume and help me find a "career" instead of just a job. Then, just as I was getting started with their tailor made program for me, I lucked, networked, landed, the job at my present employer. Being desperate at the time, I took it and didn't look back. That meant not using all of the work that was done on my behalf, because I was now "gainfully" employed.

Fast forward to early this month. With my ever shrinking ability to meet the bills every month and my new found "dissatisfaction" with the present employer, I have gone back to this same company to help me again. Fortunately, the contract we signed when I hired them is good for five years, so I've already paid for their services. (Well technically not, but that's another story).

Today I had a meeting with my contact there and we began setting up preliminaries for redoing my resume and restarting the campaign I abandoned last year. I have a "homework" assignment due before my next meeting a week from today. Possibly one or two more meetings to get things in order before the fun of sending resumes out begins.

I hate looking for jobs, even when I'm still employed...

19 Comments:

At 27 December, 2005 21:08, Blogger Genna said...

Half birthday? Did you have cake?? MMM... cake. ((Sorry--sugar is calling me))

I understand what you mean about the job thing. Here I am in the same job that I have had for the past ten years. I hate it and they all know it. On my official "last day", they had a "party" for me and everything. (A party to them is just ordering food in. The bosses were not even around. Typical. At least they PAID.) The next day, my boss called me and asked me to come back for a while, just to train my "replacement". That was a year ago. I am still no where NEAR replaced. I hate my job and look forward to finishing school and starting fresh.

I wish you luck, my friend. Pray about it and it will all work out. Promise.

 
At 27 December, 2005 21:18, Blogger Tim said...

Thanks for the encouragement, genna. I do appreciate it.

I'm sure it will work out in the end. It always does, no matter how much I worry & fret... Though waiting again is key...

Sugar is good.... mmmmmm

 
At 28 December, 2005 04:39, Blogger DaBich said...

Hang in there Green, something will come along, I am sure. I'll add my prayers to Genna's :)

 
At 28 December, 2005 07:45, Blogger DaBich said...

Oh Yeah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

 
At 28 December, 2005 09:26, Blogger K~ said...

Green, my friend, good luck in your search for a career job.
It's hard to work in a place where you don't feel valued.
I've been there (too many times I might add).
Thus why I'm back in school to have a complete career change.

 
At 28 December, 2005 11:22, Blogger Tim said...

dabich: thanks for the additional prayer support for the job situation.
Christmas is only my half birthday. My real birthday is in June.

k~: like you did when you went back to school, a total career change is likely in the works for me, with going back to school to get a masters degree a real possibility. Thanks for the support.

 
At 28 December, 2005 13:08, Blogger DaBich said...

There's another Bich blonde moment LOL

 
At 28 December, 2005 14:25, Blogger lccb81 said...

Happy un-birthday!

and good luck with the job search...

 
At 28 December, 2005 14:32, Blogger Kristi B. said...

I like your new pic!! And I enjoyed all the Christmas posts.

Hope your job search isn't too stressful!

I had a "half-birthday" last week too...Guess I should go celebrate. never really considered that before!

 
At 28 December, 2005 14:40, Blogger Tim said...

Really, another June birthday? What date?

Thanks for reading the back posts on Christmas. I think that's one of the drawbacks to posting something every day. If you are checking blogs constantly, you might only see the most recent post and miss some good stuff. I try to not make that mistake when I go thru my list of blogs to read.

Job searches are always stressful, but thanks for the encouragement..

 
At 28 December, 2005 16:00, Blogger Katie said...

green - I'm with you, looking for a new profession, career, job, etc. is not fun and I'm dreading the process. I hope your seach goes well.

 
At 28 December, 2005 18:44, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ha! I'm closer to 37 now too...I'll be 37 in less than a month and that is scary for me!

I know what you mean about hating to look for jobs. I'm in school again and will graduate with my BA next April and plan on going on to the Education program after that (a 2 year program) after that I'll be looking for a job too...that's the part I'm not looking forward to.

 
At 28 December, 2005 21:25, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

I kept a doll my grandmother gave me when I was four years old. I'm too selfish to share her. Plus, I don't have any daughters.

We were dirt poor when I was little and my grandmother bought my clothes and toys from a Good Will store. The doll, for which she paid a whoppin' 49 cents, is made from pieces of other busted up donated dolls. This piece-meal doll shares a doll cabinet with a $1000 dutch porcelain and my German vinyls. She's a treasure.

 
At 28 December, 2005 22:16, Blogger Tim said...

maryan:

I love toys like that with great sentimental value. That toy means more to my daughter now, because her mother and I are divorced and the kids don't live with me full time. So I think it is a reminder for her of how much I love her. Or I like to think so anyway....

Thanks for visiting & commenting on my blog. I love new visitors and hope you will come back frequently.

 
At 28 December, 2005 22:20, Blogger Tim said...

katie & shelly:

Thanks for the encouragement in the job search area. I am not looking forward to it yet I must do it.

katie:

What career or job are you in now and what do you want to do with a change in careers?

shelly:

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. Come back anytime.

 
At 28 December, 2005 22:21, Blogger wmy said...

Good luck on the job-I mean "career" search...Doesn't it always seem that you find something when your NOT looking??

 
At 29 December, 2005 08:49, Blogger Kristi B. said...

June 21

And I don't know why it took me so long to get that link up on my page....yeah, didn't we talk about procrastinating before? ha ha

 
At 29 December, 2005 20:00, Blogger Tim said...

kristi;

June birthdays are cool. Mine is June 25.

 
At 02 January, 2006 04:51, Blogger American Guy said...

yet another thing we have in common - my half b-day is on a holiday too - and yet another one that has both religious and secular overtones. I'm talking of course of St Patty's day.

Rather appropriate since I'm half Irish

 

Post a Comment

<< Home