"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

I didn't know dreams could do that...

A few nights ago, last Friday night I believe, I went to bed around midnight as I always do. I went to bed feeling basically fine.

Sometime after I fell asleep I had a dream that had to do with my ex-wife taking me to court, suing me over something I had no control over. In the dream, she was suing me because the hard drive for the new desktop computer that she bought crashed beyond repair or salvage. She apparently wanted me to pay for a replacement hard drive.

In the dream, I remember getting very upset. You know when you are yelling at the top of your lungs while your face turns red and veins are popping out of your neck? That kind of mad. Insanely mad.

Anyway, when I woke up from the dream I had a splitting headache. It was so bad that I had to get out of bed and take two naproxen (generic for Aleve) to calm down and get back to sleep.

WEIRD!

Just in case you are worried about me now, let me tell you that it is VERY untypical of me to get that upset over anything in real life. Normally I think I'm too calm and laid back to get upset.

That's one thing that frustrated the heck out of my ex. She was a very emotional person, so it would annoy her that she'd be upset about things that I wouldn't be. She always said that I don't get upset as much as I ought to and that instead of getting upset I'd hold my emotions inside. For better or worse, this may be true- to a point.

There were a few instances in my marriage where a situation happened where she was upset because she knew or thought I'd be upset, and that was upsetting to her. But in those instances I was always able to keep my head about me and stay calm.

8 Comments:

At 29 December, 2005 11:16, Blogger Kristi B. said...

I've dreamed that I got into a fight with my mom, and I stayed mad at her all day even though it never happened! Very weird stuff.

 
At 29 December, 2005 11:16, Blogger MaryAn Batchellor said...

Dreams have a freakish impact on us. I had a dream about King Kong when I was four years old that made me wet the bed. I still haven't gone to see the new movie!

 
At 29 December, 2005 11:57, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 29 December, 2005 11:58, Blogger c nadeau & t johnson said...

green,

my current says similar things about me. she despises the fact that i don't freak out over little things the way she does. She also gets angry when i react as if things are no big deal because I'm used to them and everything that doesn't involve caviar and dinner parties is a culture shock to her.

You are very fortunate to have gotten out when you did, my friend.

Dream on...

 
At 29 December, 2005 20:22, Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I had a dream last night that was weird. I was at school and I couldn't hear the prof because there were students out in the hall making noise. I went and opened the door and asked them to be quiet because we were in the room having class and couldn't hear. They laughed at me and said I had no authority over them and called me a rude name...basically they wouldn't listen to me (then a prof came out and told them to smarten up and they did). I remember in the dream feeling upset because no one looked at me as an authority figure and I didn't have any control over situations, so how could I be a teacher if I couldn't control a class or have authority over the students. I even woke up feeling like I will be a lousy teacher because the kids see me more as a friend than an authority figure...

 
At 29 December, 2005 23:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Deja Vu dreams freak me out, like having a dream and you're in a place you've never been before, then one day you see a movie or drive through a town and remember that dream and that place you were in detail.

Green, many many years ago I was married to a guy who told me I didn't react enough to the bad things he did. I think now he meant I wasn't enough of a bitch. I told him he didn't marry his mother and divorced him. :-)

 
At 30 December, 2005 17:35, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

The sub-conscious mind is a very powerful tool. I'm a firm believer that dreams hold messages. There is a reason for every dream we encounter.(good or bad) Some people believe that they travel outside of their bodies during the dream-state. *TWILIGHT ZONE MUSIC*

 
At 30 December, 2005 20:00, Blogger Tim said...

All: Thanks for sharing your thoughts on dreams and some that you've had.

I've never gotten a headache from a dream though. Yowzers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home