"So Let it Be Written... So Let it Be Done"

The life and times of a real, down to earth, nice guy. A relocated New Englander formerly living somewhere north of Boston, but now soaking up the bright sun of southwestern Florida (aka The Gulf Coast) for over nine years. Welcome to my blog world. Please leave it as clean as it was before you came. Thanks for visiting, BTW please leave a relevant comment so I know you were here. No blog spam, please. (c) MMV-MMXIX Court Jester Productions & Bamford Communications

Sunday, January 01, 2006

MMVI - day one

23:50

I despise homework, even if by doing it it will benefit me down the line. I have an assignment to do tomorrow for my meeting at 11:00 Tuesday morning. So in order to not break my new years resolutions I'll have to buckle down and do it. I should do it early in the day, becasue if I procrastinate I'll not give it the attention it requires.

I also need to tidy up my apartment tomorrow. I think I despise certain housework chores as much as I despise homework. Yet these things need to be done as well.

I could use the excuse that I have a cold & therefore won't do anything. But that attitude won't cut it in 2006.

I need to go to bed soon, so I don't waste the day Monday being tired. What a way to start the new year. G'nite, all.

-----
17:44

Well, I just got back from my parent's house. It was nice and quiet without V & M there - for the most part. My sister has a little yipping, bolt of energy, pee-machine dog, who is actually very nice when she's quiet.

Very disappointing. The Patriots lost today, 28-26 to the rival Miami Dolphins at home. Although losing is never fun, this game really was unimportant for the Patriots because they are already in the playoffs. Most of the starters and first team players for the Patriots played sparingly, resting for next weekend's playoff game v. Jacksonville. If they had won, they would have been the AFC #3 seed, but now they'll be #4. I'll post more about my take & predictions on the NFL playoffs in the coming week. Hold on to your hats for that one...

-----
13:30

Greetings from Burlington, Massachusetts! Well, I hope everyone's New Year celebrations have been fun, so far. Mine has been okay. Nothing spectacular, though.

My ex and I had agreed to meet at 11:30, halfway between Nashua (where I live) and North Grafton, Massachusetts - which is where her sister lives and where she brought in the New Year. We met so the kids could spend the bulk of the day with her family.

They always have a family get together at her grandparents house, where the traditional meal is sourbraten & dumplings. This is followed by the ever friendly, semi-hostile men v. women Trivial Pursuit game. I was part of this tradition for 10 years, and is actually the main event that I miss the most about not being married anymore. The meal is always great and the TP game is always exciting. I'll have to find out who won this year.

Sans kids, I'm spending the afternoon here at my parent's house, enjoying their company and partaking of a wonderful steak-tips dinner. Mmmmmmm, steak tips.... and of course we are watching the Patriots game before and after the meal.

----
0:02

Staying up until midnight is no big deal for me, I do it every night. V made it long enough but M fell asleep somewhere around 11:15 PM. It was nice to have some company to welcome in the new year.

Some thoughts on Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve, which I've watched faithfully since before I can remember:

Dick Clark needs to retire. Seriously, I've been saying this for years. Ok, so he missed last year's show because of a stroke. He still looks frail and he sounds horrible. More than half of his words were slurred and his countdown to the new year was off at least twice, maybe three times. He's been doing this show for over 30 years and probably should have stayed home this year too.

Mariah Carey looks fat and sounds horrible.

When it's midnight on the east coast, there is still three hours left in the day in California. So why do they have "live" cut ins to people partying out west, like the new year has already arrived, when it really hasn't? Doesn't anyone realize this at ABC? In many other parts of the world it has been 2006 for quite some time.

8 Comments:

At 01 January, 2006 14:16, Blogger Zeppelinlady said...

Happy New Year green!

Surprisingly, I stayed up to ring it in this year. LOL

I watched Dick Clark also & reluctantly have to agree with you. It's time for him to retire but sometimes when people(his age & illness) stop doing what they obviously love, they stop living. Know what I mean? I see that Seacrest is waiting in the wings....

green, IM me sometime. I've got a question for ya?

 
At 01 January, 2006 23:05, Blogger Ruth said...

Agree about DC. I had to change the channel because it was making me sad and vaguely wistful. Surely they can do better than Seacrest... oi!

Rang in the New Year sheltering my dog from the firecracker noises outside... scares the beejeezus out of her... Luckily went out before that and got all the obligatory socializing out of the way! Hubby and I laid low after that...

 
At 01 January, 2006 23:19, Blogger Tim said...

Sarafina:

After the ball dropped and my daughter went to bed, I shut the tv off. Couldn't stand to see him in such sad shape.

Glad to hear you had a quiet (relatively speaking) New Year.

 
At 02 January, 2006 01:18, Blogger wmy said...

Hey there greeny Mc green green...the greenman, the greeninator...green...makin copies...sorry, I just watched an old Saturday Night Live episode,and I had Rob Schneider stuck on the brain... LOL I feel bad for Dick clark, I was kind of embarassed for him too cause you could tell that he wasn't all there ya know? Heres hoping you have a great New Year filled with lots of great sex and all the other great things...I could only think of sex sorry! LOL

 
At 02 January, 2006 09:46, Blogger Tim said...

wmy
sex, Sex, SEx, SEX.... I haven't had that in a long time. This is the major drawback of being single.

Oh well.

Thanks for going rob schneider on me. That was cool.

 
At 02 January, 2006 12:50, Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Greenie: Happy New Year!!!

 
At 02 January, 2006 13:04, Blogger Deb said...

Green---sex sex sex---I haven't seen that in a long time and I'm living with my girlfriend! ACHCKKKKK!

Dick Clark---hmmm---I thought he did retire for some reason. I didn't see him do the countdown though.

Mariah Carey got fat? I didn't know this! Remember, the TV adds ten pounds on ya! So maybe it was just an illusion? She was always thin. Hmm... Never did really like her all that much- but never thought she was hefty.

Hope you had a great New Years!!!

 
At 02 January, 2006 13:34, Blogger Tim said...

stephanie: Happy New Year to you too! Hope yours was great!!

~deb: I've never been a big Mariah Carey fan either. But she did look (to me) to be on the rotund side. Possibly because she's always had a real slinky body.

Dick Clark really did look bad. I felt sorry for him. For so long he looked good. never changing in appearance. But the stroke he had must have been real bad.

I had a good New Years and hope you did too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home